“Best Sunday Roast”

The Green Dragon
Ranked #52 of 332 Restaurants in St Albans
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As an old coach house that dates back to 1758, The Green Dragon became a pub several years later, steeped in history, with original features including the low beams and the fire place in the bar area. Julie has been the owner of The Green Dragon for 10 years and counting.We serve traditional home-cooked food, lunchtimes everyday, as well as evening food from Tuesday through until Saturday, and take pride in every meal thats sent out of our kitchen.We also host live music throughout the year with some fantastic bands, solo acts and acoustic live mic sets hitting the pub.A warm welcome is always received upon arrival and we hope to see you soon whether it be for food, drinks or a little bit of live music.
“Best Sunday Roast”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Came here a few months ago to see what all the fuss was about.

Best Sunday roast ever - huge portions, meat cooked to perfection (the beef melted in the mouth), a huge selection of veg & the yummiest gravy. The only negative was that I was so full that I couldn't manage a dessert (all of which looked absolutely amazing!) Staff we're great too.

st albans
“Friendly local pub”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I go to this pub quite regularly since moving to the area and it is my favourite one. It has a great location by the river, is reasonably priced and the bar staff are very accommodating. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for some drinks and /or pub food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank kirstyt113
“Lovely food and service”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Had a visit to Colney and having read some reviews headed for the green dragon fo dinner. Very freindly atmosphere and staff . The service was excellent and so was the food my wife and our to friends went for sizzling prawns starter followed by the sirloin stake it looked great and I hoped I hadn't made a mistake going for the scallops followed by the rack of lambwhich was on as a special. I wasn't disappointed , fantastic dishes. A very good all round experience and very good value too.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Love the chef”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Went to the pub because I've been told of it's very good food.
I wasn't disappointed my god it was was like heaven had been placed in my mouth
Sizzling prawns in galic yummy
Roast belly pork my god it was the best.
I've got to say I love the chef every one needs to visit this gem of a pub
We'll done very well done......

• Visited August 2014
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Nice Sunday roast”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just walked past this pub on a Sunday afternoon whilst on the way to the lakes nearby. Very generous portion for a roast. The veg were nicely cooked although I am not a fan of leeks. The meat were moist and potatoes were just about right. Yorkshire pudding is slightly on the burnt side and gravy is a bit on the salty side. Nice interior and outdoor views by the river! Good service from the staff and food arrived within reasonable time. Would recommend and probably visit again.

• Visited March 2014