“Top Nosh”

Ranked #156 of 351 Restaurants in St Albans
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN ST ALBANS A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients.
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Surpassed my expectations in so many ways to be a great dining experience. The staff were well trained and the descriptions of the specials could have been Mr Oliver's very own words with loads of verbs used to describe for example how the bread was 'torn' and the dressing was 'poured' over the leaves. The food was great, all four of us had plenty to eat with flavours to impress. Try the burger or the fish of the day! Yes, it was noisy, lively but we were happy and we didn't feel rushed. Well done Jamie and your well trained crew.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Went to Jamie's with a group of girlfriends for a birthday celebration. I, unfortunately have a garlic intolerance which is not a good thing when going to an Italian Restaurant but I was in the minority and didn't want to spoil it for the rest of the group. I explained this problem to the waitress and they went out of their way to ensure my steak and chips were garlic free and even gave me an extra side order of carrots, celery and asparagus displayed in a ball of ice.

The service was brilliant and the staff were very pleasant and didn't make me feel as if I was a pain.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We visited Jamie's Italian on Saturday with some friends and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was easy to book online, although it gets busy so best to book well in advance.

The restaurant itself is busy but not too noisy and they have an open kitchen so you can see what is being cooked. We had a meat and fish plank to start with and a few of the specials - followed by various Italian food. One friend had a steak and he said it was the best he had in a long time and my husband and I both had seafood spaghetti which was vey good. I wasn't expecting such a bitter sauce (due to the capers I suspect) but I enjoyed it when I got over that. My other friend had tagliatte bolognaise which she said was very dry so that was the only dissapointment.

We all enjoyed the meal and would definitely go there again (although best to avoid lunch-time and afternoons unless you don't mind children as it's very child-friendly and this may well add to the noise!)

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Great service, nice food at not bad prices. Overall a good experience and def would go again. We had the meal for 2 which was huge and great value for money. Everything tasted great so can't complain )))

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Food great, not massive portions but managed three courses, so I suppose that's good marketing! Little noisy with the flooring and perhaps where we were sitting, the clattering of pans. Enjoyed the experience. Would go again.