“Tasty Lunch, Snappy Service”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #165 of 344 Restaurants in St Albans
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN ST ALBANS A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had lunch here with my partner on June 4th. Nice relaxed environment, friendly attentive staff and not too busy. We just has pasta - excellent pasta and very tasty sauces as you would expect.

We had to be in and out quickly and we were. All good.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I visited very shortly after opening and hadn't been impressed. They had been extremely busy and the food was very average for the price.

This time, I went mid-week and it was much quieter. My pasta dish was basic but cooked extremely well and the taste was excellent.

I can definitely recommend the vanilla and lemon martini.

Good service and very pleasant meal. Glad I gave it another chance.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Jamie's Deli.. I just popped in for a drink with a friend and had to pay £4.50 for a bottle of beer and £2.55 for a san pellegrino orange.. Okay, it's not quite covent garden prices, but I had to pick the drinks from a fridge and take them to the till and ask for a glass.. At these prices you are paying the restaurant charge but without ANY service.. Jamies St. Albans got off to a bad start when it opened and has never really recovered. For a family meal and for business meetings I have eaten there several times lunch and dinner, and every time there is always at least 2-3 issues in one sitting ( with the tables, the amount of chilli "on everything" the lack of good honest standard fries or chips) You would really think a chef like Jamie would have it all pretty well covered and sewn up by now. Out of 20 or so people who have eaten there recently only a couple have said "it's okay" ..There is always an issue to two. For my money Bills, just down the road, is a much better place.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I would ask for a table facing onto the street rather than the shopping centre as the seating area that side had all the charm of a works canteen with noise levels to match! We sat facing onto the street in a smaller section that was really pleasant. We had good service and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I would recommend the Panetone pudding with Ice cream, it was delicious. I'd revisit and recommend others to eat here. We had three courses a G&T each and a bottle of wine, £88 all in which was reasonable for what we had, we left happy!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Another example of slightly above average dining. On the face of it an interesting menu. You can't get Rocket and Mozzarella salad wrong and they didn't. Rabbit ragu sounds good but the rabbit had seen a few birthdays. The wine choice again was interesting enough but as usual the prices are out of kilter. Staff were attentive and pleasant. Atmosphere was lively, it's comfortably designed but probably lacks a bit of spark compared to others in this chain of restaurants that seem to be springing up like Starbucks. And that's pretty much what you get. A reasonably accomplished chain restaurant dining experience.