“Absolutely loved it”

Ranked #164 of 344 Restaurants in St Albans
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN ST ALBANS A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Absolutely loved it here. Came here on 13th June. I don't usually go out for Italian as Im half Italian and never found one that compares to real home cooked Italian food.The restaurant is lovely and has a relaxed vibe. The staff were very pleasant especially our waiter who made us feel at ease, did not rush us to order and gave great advise on the food and drinks. The food was beautifully presented and an absolute taste sensation. I couldn't fault a thing. Would definatley recommend to friends/family and will visit again if I'm ever in the area.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked a table a week in advance for Father's Day at 7pm. When we arrived we were told thy were already out of many of the dishes- 2 of the 3 vegetarian main meals had run out along with many other dishes! We left and went to Bills a couple of doors down which had a full menu ! I found this completely ridiculous for a big name restaurant like this to run out of so many items by 7pm. Surely they aware to expect the busy rush particularly as most people would have booked. Running out of food is completely unacceptable.

1  Thank Rosh7
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Went to jamie's for a fanily meal & whilst the food was of a good standard that can not be said for the glasses that were on the table when we arrived as they were all still dirty & stained with what looked like dishwasher salt

Reviewed 14 June 2014

That's really about it - it was okay! The service was a tad slow but attentive but the food was - well - bland!! The vegetarian options were boring and the two veggies in our group fairer far worse that the meat eaters. Still the placed was packed in the middle of the week so why should they care. Don't think I'd go again

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Food was the same, but the experience wasn't nearly as good. Before, when the waitress described the specials, it was in 'Jamie's language' - we rip this, stuff that in, throw a bit of this over, drizzle, sprinkle! Using loads of verbs to describe the food was part of the experience of eating here. This time, the waitress was as dull as you like which made the experience a characterless disappointment and the value for money a let down too.

The excellent waitress/manager is still there, so i guess you've got about a 1 in 5 chance of a better experience, but I'll think twice before I go back as there are loads of other great places to eat. It is a real pity as I have had a great time here the last five times, but I doubt I'll rush back.