“great atmosphere- food just below expectations”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #14 of 336 Restaurants in St Albans
Price range: US$16 - US$54
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our charming brasserie has had a well-deserved makeover and we are excited to show you our new look. A muted palette of heritage colours has transformed the space with plenty of comfy seating in our light-filled brasserie offering that perfect spot for breakfast, a light lunch or a special dinner. Two cosy booths have a fabulous kitchen view if you like a little dinner theatre. And for larger parties or celebrations we have a gorgeous 12-seater family table. Make sure to ask for it when you book. And of course, our cosy bar offers the ideal place to relax with the papers and a cappuccino, or to enjoy a glass of bubbly before your meal.
Reviewed 14 March 2013

A girlie night out, so a great place to meet right in the centre of St Albans, atmosphere and decor great. Staff very friendly, small but adequate bar area to meet. I think my expectations of the food was very high , because of the famous name. Mussels to start with , excellent choice, mains i had a normal beef strogonoff, which was a small portion served on a bed of rice, the beef strips were slightly overcooked and chewy, thus not meeting expectations. Meal reasonably priced, would visit again, as a great place to meet, but certainly not star quality.

2  Thank Tricia115
Brasserie-blanc, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Dear Tricia,

Thank you very much for your review, I really do appreciate all types of feed back. I am sorry to hear that you thought the standard of the food was below average. We have just changed to our Spring Menu and there are a lot of new and exciting dishes. I do hope you will perhaps visit us again to sample this menu.

Thank you again for your review.

There are newer reviews for Brasserie Blanc

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We went here a few weeks ago thought we would try something different, food was very limited choice for myself being a veggi my friend did have a nice meal thou to be fair, however we ordered a coffee and they served it up in a Latte size which was good but not appropriate for the coffee we ordered the service was so very slow and staff prefere to talk to each other rather than put their energy into customer service. so reason for only 2 stars. Another thing was we always like to drop coins on a plate to our surprise the card machine took extra to the total which I assume was the tip, I would not be going there again. Service overall terrible

3  Thank Suzanne1307
Brasserie-blanc, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your recent review you posted regarding your visit a few weeks ago. I really do appreciate all feed back as it is an imperative tool in improving and maintaining standards. I shall be in touch privately so we can talk about this further.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Nice ambience, good food and nice wine. In fact - best steaks around - everytime (been a few times now). Just wish they would get rid of those horrible slate boards and just use nice ordinary plates!

Thank you very much for your very kind review, I am so pleased that you visit the Brasserie regulary and rate our steaks so much.
As a company, it is our standard to serve all our steaks on slates, however, please just let us know when you book or time of ordering, that you would prefer your steak on a plate and we will add it to your customer profile and there won't be a slate in sight each time you dine with us in the future.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

there were 8 of us, the dervice was good, friendly staff and not over priced.. food was really good and a nice choice.. would definitely go back again! we went when it had just opened!

Thank you so much for your kind review, I am so grateful you have taken the time to write.

I do hope you and your fellow work colleagues will continue to visit the restaurant.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Opposite the back entrance to Carluccio’s and the Prezzo restaurant and almost sandwiched between the Tudor Lounge and the Loch Fyne restaurant lies the new Brasserie Blanc.

We went on Monday lunchtime and the restaurant, although not very busy, had a constant stream of diners (we noticed Prezzo, opposite, was empty all of the time we were dining). The restaurant has a pleasant feel about it; the tables were not too close together and it is nicely decorated with pictures.

The starters were fine and so was the main course. The carrot and swede mash was hardly mashed. My “Toulouse sausage, chorizo and cannellini bean cassoulet” had an authentic French feel about it, but the sausage casing (aka skin) was very tough and plastic and thus hardly edible – this really spoilt the whole dish.

Staff were pleasant, but none round to say goodbye as we left – which seemed a little strange.

Two course lunch (from A La Carte Menu), with a drink and beverages afterwards came to £60 (plus service). Our receipt did entitle us to £25 of a meal for 4 (if taken within the following few days) or £12.50 off if only two or three dining – but even with the entitlement we were not enthusiastic about rushing back.

2  Thank Andrew081
Brasserie-blanc, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your review regarding your visit to the Brasserie in January. I appreciate all types of feed back and I have spoken with my chef about your comments. I can only apologise that we did not live up to your expectations on your visit.

I do hope you will give us another try, we have our new Spring menu starting next week, which have some new and exciting dishes on and I would certainly appreciate your feed back on this.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope I see you at the Brasserie again in the near future.