“Beautiful French dining experience”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #16 of 344 Restaurants in St Albans
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our charming brasserie has had a well-deserved makeover and we are excited to show you our new look. A muted palette of heritage colours has transformed the space with plenty of comfy seating in our light-filled brasserie offering that perfect spot for breakfast, a light lunch or a special dinner. Two cosy booths have a fabulous kitchen view if you like a little dinner theatre. And for larger parties or celebrations we have a gorgeous 12-seater family table. Make sure to ask for it when you book. And of course, our cosy bar offers the ideal place to relax with the papers and a cappuccino, or to enjoy a glass of bubbly before your meal.
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful night out with my husband. Staff were attentive and polite.food is of great standard although the menu doesn't seem to change which is a shame. Would recommend to anyone looking for a refined evening with great atmosphere. The Berkhampstead branch is also lovely.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

After reading the reviews I was expecting something quite upmarket and exceptual perhaps more on a par with some London restaurants. Although it was nice I didn't feel is was outstanding as previously mentioned. The staff were very attentive and provided great service. The restaurant was really nicely furbished and I agree with others that there is a nice atmosphere. The toilets were a bit messy and looked shabby already (just a minor point). I was just a little underwhelmed with my food, perhaps it was the dishes I choose. My chicken liver parfait starter was nice enough but I was expecting something that would really make you think wow. I had the award winning burger but really I've had better ones in Frankie and Bennies! My chocolate dessert was very tasty though. The other dinners on my table really enjoyed their food and thought it was really great. So I don't want to be too negative. I will go back again to see if I think the same as the other dinners. My impression is: nice place to eat, just nothing amazing.

1  Thank prochile
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Probably about the 6th time, we have had lunch at the Brasserie. Nothing is ever too much trouble. Unhurried lazy girlie lunch. The food is very good. This time had the Fish cakes with a leek sauce, superb. Allowed to hop from set menu to al la carte. The restaurant is ideal for shopping and sight seeing.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We spent a night out in St Albans and came here for a meal. Glad we had booked as seemed to be no availability until 9.30 at the earliest as one couple were told as they called in on the off chance. We sat near the kitchen which we initially thought would be too hot, but is wasn't. My wife fancied the sausages but by chance, this was the only thing on the menu they had run out of. Never mind ; salmon it was. I went for the duck after our charcuterie platters which were devine! The salmon was very good she tells me. My duck was the nicest duck I have ever tasted ; it literally melted in my mouth. We were both too full for a dessert so opted to just stick with finishing off our wine. We would definitely recommend this eatery ; the food was delicious, the staff were very helpful and it looked as though they were enjoying their work, and it was very good value for money

1  Thank GeordieBoySi
Brasserie-blanc, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you ever so much for posting such a great review after your anniversary meal with us, I am glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable evening.

I have passed on your comments to my staff who were very pleased to hear they had made such an impression. Apologies for the sausages being unavailable during your visit, they are a great dish so I do hope to see you both again soon if not just for the sausages and some pudding!

Thanks again for the feedback,

Kind Regards
Rob Leader - General Manager

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is the fith time I have visited the brasserie in the past 8 months. Every time we have been the food has always been exceptionally well cooked and tasty. I love their Olives and the beef which just falls off the bone. The cost is quite reasonable on the a la carte and now with the fixed price menu brings the experiance to everyone.

Bo Appetite!

John,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of us here at the Brasserie, and for your consistent patronage, it is great to hear that you've eaten with us so many times.

I have passed on your comments to my staff who look forward to welcoming you back to us sometime soon,

Kind Regards