“Superb coffee and much more....”
Review of Barrissimo

Barrissimo
Ranked #90 of 336 Restaurants in St Albans
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This delightful cafe/coffee bar serves great quality coffee (knocks spots off Costa, Starbucks etc) in a vibrant, buzzy atmosphere. It is always our first port of call when shopping. They offer a great selection of pasta, pannini's etc along with a wide variety of cakes, pastries and biscuits. The staff are always warm and friendly and I only wish there was an independent coffee place like this in my home town. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Brady1962
There are newer reviews for Barrissimo

Reviewed 2 June 2014

After living in St Albans for 3 years we finally went in this café and we are so glad we did (just a shame we didn't do it sooner!)

It doesn't look like much from the outside, hence why we never went in, but finally decided to go because of the reviews.

Its a great little place, we had a Panini, a pasta and two san pelligrino's to take away and it only cost £10, a complete bargain for fresh homemade food, hardly anymore than getting a manky sandwich from the supermarket.

All the sandwiches and pastas are in a long fridge so you can select the one you want, they are then toasted and heated up for you to enjoy either in the café or as takeout.

The flavors were great, obviously made fresh that day.

The cake and deserts also looked fab but we didn't get time to sample them... we will just have to go back!!!!!!!

The guy at the till (presumably the owner) was super friendly and knew a lot of the customers by name which is always nice.

Go here asap, its amazing

3  Thank wolfboy27
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Tiny, tucked away but a total gem!
Great coffee, that's almost all I've had here. But my little girl loves the hot choc here. She's had pasta here too and it was lovely.
Best thing is the friendly service from the staff here.
And it's clean!

3  Thank Apeksha Z
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is my favourite coffee shop in St. Albans. Run by Italians and frequently with Italian customers, the quality of the coffee is excellent and there are really tasty snacks on offer.The staff are always very friendly and were very welcoming a few weeks ago when I brought my baby in a buggy into the cafe. The cafe is often busy but usually by the time you have been served a table becomes free.

1  Thank jules0606
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I found myself in St. Albans today with no more than twenty minutes or so to spare for lunch. Barrissimo proved the ideal solution. At about 1.50pm there were still a few ciabattas and pastas in fridges along the side of the cafe waiting to be selected before toasting or cooking in the kitchen to the rear. I was not disappointed by the tuna and pepper ciabatta I chose together with a double espresso and what turned out to be a bread and butter panettone from a selection immediately in front of me at the service counter. The ciabatta was toasted in a few minutes and served delicately sliced into large bite-sized triangles. The pudding (which I had cold) was an absolute delight. Unsurprisingly the place was virtually full. Pastas were being ravenously consumed at a number of adjoining tables.