“Excellent Place”
Review of Paprika - CLOSED

Paprika
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Parisian Style Bistro with a welcoming friendly warm continental atmosphere
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have lived in St Albans over 15 years and saw this place recently. It's only when I saw it on Trip Advisor I thought it was worth a try.

I went with my family (8 month baby, my wife and my In Laws) on a Sunday for a late lunch.

It was excellent, the atmosphere is great, service is very polite and friendly. The food was absolutely lovely. It is tasty, different, well thought out and not expensive. Will certainly go again, St Albans needs more of these nice, good, independent food places, we are all too content with chain restaurants.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The original store had a calm, welcoming atmosphere. Friendly staff and great food. The new Paprika is different but just as friendly. I am glad. A little expensive but worth it. My breakfast was very good and the tea is fantastic. A worthy successor to the original Paprika. A shame the original is not around anymore but the new one is just as good.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had an hour to kill before a meeting nearby and stumbled across this very well decorated bistro.

I had a beautiful porridge, best I'd had for ages. The porridge itself was perfectly cooked and was topped with banana and honey and what I think was two slices of died pear which made a real difference.

I had an excellent tea in a bone china teacup from a proper teapot.

The surroundings were charming, having my own spacious and private booth, which was very comfortable. Even the bill came in a lovely box made to look like a book.

Service was extremely professional. Attentive but not at all intrusive.

A real gem of a find.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Has become a firm favorite ever since it opened.

Never get tired of visiting for a first class breakfast.

As always, great food and excelent service.

Just wish it opened later in the evening so we could do dinner!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Freshly made food - we had a lovely risotto and fresh pasta dish, with really nice veggie in it. Friendly staff too.