“Taste”
Review of Paprika - CLOSED

Paprika
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Parisian Style Bistro with a welcoming friendly warm continental atmosphere
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I travel and eat out 5-10 per week. This is taste as its meant to be. Incredible food. Keep up the good work. Thank you

1  Thank Morg27

Reviewed 2 May 2014

went on a team lunch with work to this restaurant after reading reviews. service was good but not too intrusive, i had duck leg which was lovely. it was very well presented, as were all the other dishes my friends ordered. i would definitely visit this restaurant again. i'm not sure why it isn't open for dinner!

1  Thank Hannah T
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This little bistro type restaurant deserves to have more customers but because it is off the beaten track in Catherine St almost opposite the Oxfam Bookshop, many Food lovers have yet to discover this gem. One room, charmingly decorated with French style furniture and pretty bric-a-brac. They have a Breakfast menu and a Lunch Menu and are waiting for permission to open in the evenings too.

Ideal for Brunch or "Ladies who lunch" and the menu offers a good choice. We had the fish with vegetables, superb, there is certainly a Chef who cares in the kitchen. First class espresso coffee. About £18 each but no one would have minded if you chose just starters. The owner is not the type to make conversation and my friend said that she thought he was possibly standoffish, don't let that put you off. I thought him discrete and charming. He deserves to do well with such a good chef. Go and try it for yourself.

2  Thank peterandanna
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We come here all the time for breakfast and lunch (it's a shame it's not open for dinner!) and it is just brilliant! Delicious food, great value, friendly service... It is in fact almost perfect! This may sound silly but the one thing that lets it down is the fixed seating and tables which are at the wrong heights and are therefore rather uncomfortable. Sadly, apart from a couple of tables, this means that Paprika is not the type of place where you can while away hours and hours chatting to a friend and picking at yummy food. It is such a shame that something seemingly so insignificant actually makes such a difference to your overall experience and comfort levels. As I say, if it wasn't for this point, Paprika would be perfect!

2  Thank Cathy-ja8
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My dad invited out for lunch there, there was only one other customer there, so I wasn't feeling optimistic.

Then we ordered and the food arrived.

It was DELICIOUS. Pork was cooked beautifully, my compliments to the chef. I wish I'd ordered a starter as well, but we were in a hurry. Someone ordered a side of saute mushrooms which were shared. Absolutely marvellous. The hosts were very welcoming and the atmosphere of the place was very warm.

I would very highly recommend this restaurant, it's located on a busy road off the main high street, not too hard to find. I will certainly be visiting again soon.

1  Thank Felicity C