“Different”
Review of Paprika - CLOSED

Paprika
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Parisian Style Bistro with a welcoming friendly warm continental atmosphere
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Although I don't live that far from
St Albans, I don't know it too well so looked up on Trip Advisor the best restaurants in the area and this came up first!!
Don't expect Michelin star food but for a Bistro it is above and beyond what is expected and not at ridiculously pretentious prices either!!
The staff were very friendly and very helpful but the food was spot on!!
Two minor issues, it was a very hot and humid day today and there is no air con!! Also, it is unlicensed, a good glass of red would have gone well with the superbly cooked steak!!
Would I recommend to friends or relatives...yes!! Would I go back....most definitely!!

2  Thank Mabbs_11
There are newer reviews for Paprika

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent food served in an extremely friendly and efficient environment. Really fancied trying something new and fresh, really wasn't disappointed.

One gripe is portion sizes, but maybe I'm just greedy!!

Definitely coming back.

1  Thank Markmm1961
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The service was very good, polite non intrusive but very chatty when spoken to. I had crab raviolli and it was very good, the pasta was home cooked and you could really taste the crab, then I had steak which was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth, by this stage dessert was out of the question! It is a shame they do not have a license to sell alcohol, they are hoping to get this if and when St. Albans council grant them longer opening hours so they can serve dinner. My only negative remark would be the seats in the booth are for those who enjoy a straight jacket!

3  Thank sebax
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I went to ,,Bistro Paprika ''with my husband for a coffee and dessert! I can say that was the Best dessert !!! We liked very much ...also very friendly staff, very clean inside.... We will be back soon to have a lunch !!!! Thanks :) :) :)

2  Thank Lukasz K
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here, with a friend. Good service, excellent food, can highly recommend. Looking forward to my next visit

1  Thank Liz C