“Perfect on the go”

Ranked #60 of 344 Restaurants in St Albans
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for a quick lunch with my wife and toddler and all left very satisfied. Great coffee backs up their burgeoning reputation and the food tasted authentic (ruben sandwich for me, chilli for the wife and a cheese toastie made up on the spot for the boy). Friendly staff and same prices as similar outfits.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

So refreshing amidst the chains. Small booth, friendly staff, and very good coffee. Made a mental note to try the food next time. Keep it up.

1  Thank Miranda k
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It may be raved about but I was struggling to be impressed. The over-priced croissant and drink didn't impress and this was my second time I have used them.

Having asked them to warm the cheese send ham delight it was only barely warm and the staff don't even bring food to the benches so it is very much 'hatch' or dispatch!

Disappointed that most of my fellow Hatchets were smokers... I guess that is the downside of opening a 100% alfresco dining experience.

Staff seemed friendly and helpful but for the money paid I expect more in regards to service and atmosphere. Would suggest they move their Hatch to a bigger venue with indoor seating. Maybe they could call it Patch but current offering is not my favourite brunch batch as the smokers are the catch.

Chris E, Owner at Hatch on the Go, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Just to clarify - we are a takeaway business, as our name (HATCH), strapline (good food on the move) and overall set-up indicate. This enables us to provide quality food at takeaway prices, which we regularly check against our competitors to ensure that we offer better value for money. As we do not differentiate between ‘eating in’ (on our outside benches) or ‘taking away’ we do not vary our food presentation or offer a table service. However, we aim to have satisfied customers and are happy to provide a plate and cutlery, or to make food hotter on request. Please just let us know what you need.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Everything I look for in a coffee shop, friendly service, fantastic (Origin) coffee and tasty home-cooked food.

1  Thank GarethDParker
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A trip into St Albans isn't complete without a visit to Hatch for coffee and sandwich/snack.
Friendly staff and quick service. The coffee is always of a high standard and the growing list of fresh homemade food is great.

2  Thank gj23