“A great night's sleep for a great price”

Premier Inn St. Albans/Bricket Wood Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in St Albans
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was a great Premier Inn.
The staff were really helpful and friendly, the room very well kept and clean.
There was a restaurant nearby which looked great, but was so popular we couldn't get in! If you want a meal at the Beefeater definately book in.
The bed's were very comfortable, the rooms very clean.
It was a little too warm in the room, but otherwise excellent.

Room Tip: We booked online when the prices were lower and this gave us an excellent price.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Staff very friendly. Room clean. Bed really comfy. A great night's sleep. Lovely surroundings. A pond with ducks. Very quiet despite being in the middle of two motorways. Will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful premier inn, beautiful setting, wonderful friendly staff, clean, quiet and comfortable rooms. Cannot rate this enough. We met here as a half way point with family and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

a really premier Premier Inn; good for value and location. staff friendly and rooms well looked after and clean. breakfast and dinner in the attached restaurant really good. all in all a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have been having a very busy week moving between 3 premier inns, Enfield, Worcester and this little gem! As hotel number 2 in a very busy week i was pleasantly surprised as I arrived in the evening. Firstly, what a stunning location, arguably brilliant for how close to the M25 it is. You are greeted by a nice drive into the hotel surrounded by picturesque trees and brick houses, complete with an incredible lake and stream, complete with very friendly ducks awaiting a good feeding, which you can do for just 20p! Great for children, however at 23 myself I still enjoyed it! To get to the very spacious and well groomed car park you must pass the hotels restaurant, a beef eater grill, which is housed in a very nice building complete with ivory. In addition it's actually an old mill and centre point to the restaurant inside are two large (fully operational) water mill wheels. A nice touch!

The hotel was interestingly laid out, certainly not conventional, resembled more of a log cabin feel however very welcoming. On check in the staff were incredibly pleasant and helpful, also reminding me pre stay of my good nights sleep guarantee or my money back. On entering my room, everything was as expected, clean, tidy and well laid out. All the usual amendments! No problems from me on the presentation and cleanliness. The one thing however and I've come to realise is a common problem was that there were no plugs next to the bed, meaning my phone (and alarm therefore) had to be positioned far away which is always an annoyance of mine.

Shower was great! Hot water and fresh towels with a clean bathroom all around!!

As for the sleep, not one bump in the night! It was so quiet and peaceful and I slept like a baby, close to the M25 yes, but I didn't hear one car! On the morning I enjoyed an all you can eat breakfast for £8.25, and great value it was? The selection was vast and everything was fresh, unlike other premier inns I've stayed at, the hot breakfast was cooked to order, fresh and warm and not on a buffet table. Service in this beef eater was next to none, very polite and nice staff and very efficient.

All in all a very warm and pleasant stay, my only problem being I was only here for 1 night, I would have loved to stay longer. Quick checkout and they also checked that I did I fact sleep well. Good job premier inn! An up and coming hotel group in my eyes, and what an affordable price!

As a side note, to all you walkers and adventurers, the hotel is actually situated on 2 nature trails that a local told me were quite beautiful! Unfortunately I only had my work shoes so a sneak peak at the trails we're all I managed!

Would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to any prospective customer!
P.s. I know it's reviewed but it doesn't have a pool or fitness centre! Accidentally clicked them and wouldn't let me un-click! Oops!
Steven

Room Tip: Not happy they will always try to relocate!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Steven N
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed at this Premier Inn with work colleagues when we visited St Albans for a 2day conference. I was pleasantly surprised at how pretty it was. The room was clean and comfortable and the meal in the adjoining restaurant enjoyable. Although there was quite a number of us, I felt that the service was good and that we were well looked after. Would definitely consider staying again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have been told that this was a great location as many friends had been to the Beefeater Pub/Restaurant next door, but I didn't expect it to be such a wonderful location. I also loved the quirky nature of the hotel being spread over a couple of buildings. Not at all your "generic" modern hotel at all, in fact it had personality.

The hotel was great as one would expect from a Premier Inn clean tidy rooms kept to an excellent standard. Really attentive staff who told you all about the company policies and also ensured you had a good stay.

As it was my birthday the weekend after I stayed i decided to treat myself to a cook breakfast in the morning, unsure what to expect but I really liked the fact it served it from 6:30am onwards. This is unusual from others I have stayed at that normally start at 7am this extra early time really suited me as I needed to be on the road by 7:15 am.

Wow the breakfast was AMAZING amazing quality and service as I rolled out as it was as much as you can eat but the cooked breakfast is cooked to order. Well done Premier Inn on the addition of the Hash browns I must say.

All in all I loved my stay here I slept like a dream and ate like a King. I really hope i come back here and stay soon. Please keep doing the low cost deal rooms!! I really advise anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St Albans

Been to Premier Inn St. Albans/Bricket Wood Hotel? Share your experiences!