“Bad beds!”

Premier Inn St. Albans/Bricket Wood Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in St Albans
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Overall this hotel was very good, very clean and had lots of nice touches like the soap dispensers and light reducing curtains that overlapped and despite very close location to M25 there wasn't much noise in the rooms, but the beds were horrible. They were hard and you could feel every spring in all the wrong places. Would stay again if the mattresses were changed or I would have to ask for more duvets to sleep on.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn St. Albans/Bricket Wood Hotel

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here after visiting wb studios nearby. I chose this hotel based on the other reviews regarding the location. It's about 10-15 mins drive from the studio. Although it's near the motorway you can't hear it from inside. The stream and duck pond are so pretty and made the stay much more relaxed. This, with the children's playground, meant we didn't have to drive again to take the children out for some air and exercise before and after dinner. They could have spent hours feeding the fish and ducks. The area was safe around the water, pretty covered with daffodils and well maintained all around the outside areas. The staff were helpful, warmed the bedtime milk up for us, directions to the garage, hearing all about Harry potter for the millionth time. Service at the bar waiting for our table was a bit slow, but the waiter in the restaurant worked his socks off as the place was packed. Recommend booking, we did via the text booking the day before. I was dubious about a family room as had bad experiences with other hotels in the past, but our two boys had comfortable full sized beds each, we had plenty of towels and extra pillows so were all fine for the nights sleep. Couldn't have timed and organised this better if we had tried. We had a very enjoyable break.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Spent a night after my sons birthday trip to Harry Potter studio tour at nearby Leavesden (10min drive) Friendly helpful staff on reception. Nice to find 2 single beds and the king bed for myself and two children. In other Premier Inns little un had to share with me. Tucked away near a busy road but as we were at the back limited road noise. Fantastic Beefeater, Moor Mill for evening meal and good breakfast. Whats not to love about a nights stay and breakfast for 3 for £37.25!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a recent business trip to my office. The hotel is located within 10 minutes drive of my office so very convenient. The hotel itself is clean and tidy and my room was located in a separate annexe to the main building. On entering the room it felt very cold and I realised the heating was not switched on – not a good thing in March! The room soon heated up and with the addition of a hot bath I was soon warm and happy again! The room and bathroom were both spacious and comfortable and the noise levels from outside were very low. There was some noise from adjoining rooms but nothing over the ordinary. The restaurant is the old water mill which is very picturesque and quaint. It does make it feel a little disjointed as there are separate little areas everywhere but this is fine if this is to your taste. The food and service was very good and overall I had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I spent the weekend with the wife here. The location is very quiet and nice. The food from the beefeaters restaurant is nice as well. My only problem was the temperature in the room, it was quite cold that the staff had to provide extra heating by giving me an electric heater. The furniture in the room looked quite old too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Cold room insufficient heating for size of room, given a portable radiator, visited friends for four hours, upon return found many empty spaces in car park, room still hadnt reached above 16C.
Am glad I asked for a second duvet! I dont suffer from the cold, but my wife is quite intolerant to it.
Poor choice of healthy options in restaurant for early evening dining, location is superb, working waterwheel, fed the ducks, restaurant is popular for locals.
Fantastic service for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

we arrived to spend one night, the hotel was easy to find and the area was lovely, the mill was very attractive. My husband was taken poorly on the drive down however and collapsed into bed the moment we arrived
The girl on reception was extremely helpful. She advised that I could get a meal for myself and have it in our room which was most helpful, she even went back to the restaurant when we realised I had not been given all of the food I had ordered which saved me going back for it. My poor husband managed to recover sufficiently for breakfast and that was good too. The beefeater restaurant was lovely and close by and it was very attractive.

Have to say the bed was awful wouldn't mind seeing lenny Henry spending a night here. we hardly slept a wink, when we checked we were not asked how things had been so we just left, VERY DISSAPOINTING
Bathroom was ok we really thought were getting an accessible shower as I am disabled but we got a shallow bath, I enquired if there were any rooms with showers and was told they only had rooms with baths, not very disabled friendly,

Overall it was not a very nice stay at all.

Room Tip: Not disabled friendly atall
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#8 of 10 in St Albans
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St Albans

Been to Premier Inn St. Albans/Bricket Wood Hotel? Share your experiences!