“Fantastic for breakfasts & brunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

baked nation
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in St Albans
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic for breakfasts & brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Homemade bread and pastries. Eggs benedict were amazing. The service was quick and pleasant. The prices were very affordable. My favourite spot for the Saturday brunch.

1 Thank PedroGVSA

London, United Kingdom
“Great little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Not long open and apparently the only bakery in town. Bread fantastic, food and drinks on the mark, chilled atmosphere and friendly, attentive service.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank DavidWMcC
Derby, United Kingdom
“Bread of Heaven, Feed me til I want no more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had some time to kill while visiting St. Albans recently so I popped into Baked Nation for a cup of coffee and a sandwich. I could see immediately that the bread on offer was not your usual plastic wrapped, Chorleywood pap, but genuine hand crafted breads. I shouldn't have been surprised really, because during a conversation with the owners I learned that both of them are Cordon Bleu trained pâtissières. Artisan bakeries are sprouting up all over the the country at the moment and deserve our support. If you appreciate good bread I would urge you to visit this excellent local bakery.

2 Thank Brotegla276
“Best tasting bread I've had...EVER!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My girlfriend kept on raving about this place so I popped in one morning on way to work. The special baked nation bread is to die for!! Will be going back again as soon as I'm in St Albans again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank byront747
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Delicious handmade bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I live around the corner from this café and I buy my bread there every week. It's all handmade and it's absolutely delicious!!! They also serve good coffee and tasty savoury snacks and cakes. The best place in St Albans to meet up with friends for a cup of coffee or to grab some lunch on the go Love the rustic but stylish interior. It's so much nicer than Costa or Starbucks!

4 Thank Sandra B