“B&b so much better than a hotel !!”

Fleuchary House No. 29
Ranked #1 of 15 St Albans B&B and Inns
Saddleworth, Manchester, uk
“B&b so much better than a hotel !!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have just stayed the weekend in Fleuchary House.........and I didn't want to leave !!! There was nothing that could have improved our stay, except being longer ! I stayed in the yellow twin room ( Decorated beautifully) and every luxury was provided, from really comfortable beds, great quality linen, lovely toiletries and a choice of tea, coffee, chocolates and biscuits in the room. The house is perfect, with large rooms, fantastic breakfast ( i had fresh exotic fruit salad and scrambled eggs and toast) 10 minutes walk to the centre of town or the station and every little extra provided. The room had tv, alarm clock, iron, hair dryer etc etc nothing absent. Linda was so welcoming and it was fun meeting the other guests at breakfast on the communal table. It was a quiet road and you felt that nothing was too much trouble.......this really was as good as the pictures show and the reviews say, I would definitely recommend it and stay again. Thank you Linda.

Room Tip: All good .......choose any and you won't be dissapointed
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Adelaide
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in August 2013. The house is a beautifully converted old English house. We were warmly greeted by Linda who showed us to our lovely decorated room at the top of the house at the back. As we had just arrived from Australia she wanted us to have a quiet room to get over our jet lag. Not that I could imagine any of the rooms were not quiet. We had an extremely comfortable bed, fluffy towels with a modern lovely en-suite. The room was extremely clean and the bed was made each day. The breakfast room was specular and the the breakfast to die for. We opted each day for an amazing fruit platter with every kind of fruit imaginable. Served with a great Greek yogurt and a huge array of breads. Linda did everything possible to make our stay wonderful. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Had a lovely stay, the room was delightful with a lovely view to the garden! Immaculate everything!! Very good price for what you get! Fresh fruit for breakfast was amazing! Cannot recommend this B&B enough and what a lovely hostess :) nothing too much trouble!!

• Stayed September 2013
Preston
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Everything about this B and B was honestly perfect. There was off road parking and we were greeted at the door by our host. I immediately got the impression nothing would be too much trouble. If we had needed anything we would only have to ask, the great thing was there was honestly nothing we could think of!!! After a three hour drive we fell on the tea tray, proper cups and saucers matching the theme of the room, every different type of tea and coffee (even a hot chocolate) you could want, biscuits etc etc
My sister and I shared a twin room which was light and airy and just so luxurious, it was heaven. There were beautiful antiques mixed with sumptuous velvet cushions and throws, we loved it! The beds were very comfy and the bedding was so soft, we had never felt anything like it! The en-suite was great, with all the toiletries you could need, only minor niggle was the small basin but they have made the best of the space and the amazing shower made up for the basin! We also had a walk in wardrobe and were delighted when it automatically lit when we opened the door!
Our mum stayed in a room by herself and her room was every bit as pretty as ours, with fantastic little touches and a slightly larger en-suite.

It’s in a fab location, a gentle stroll away from the city centre, although we got a taxi out in the evenings which was little over three pounds each way.

Breakfast was simply lovely and served in a room with soft Scottish music playing. There were fruit breads, pastries and orange juice on the large table, fresh tea or coffee brought to you, cereals if wanted and a really good full English (not a spot of grease, just lovely food). My mum has a gluten allergy and our host even had special fruit bread for her, so top marks! We dined with another couple both mornings and were all sat around a large table. It was nice to chat as if we had been at different tables we might not have got the chance.

We stayed for two nights to enjoy the shopping and restaurants in St Albans and am already wondering when we can go back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PrestonTallulah
Torpoint, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I stayed for three nights in August 2013.Room very spacious and clean, bed comfortable, good hospitality tray, good en-suite with very good complimentary toiletries,
freshly prepared breakfasts with excellent fresh fruit five-a-day option. Linda very
welcoming. Thoroughly recommended

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuMa40
Beckenham
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here whilst visiting our son in the area. Fleuchary House is only ten minutes walk (at most) from the city centre and we had no problem parking. We were given a very warm welcome and shown to our room which was immaculately clean. The mattress was the most comfortable I've ever slept on and the bedding was so comfortable we actually looked at the labels to see where we could buy it for our own home ( Yes- sad I know!) The bathroom was huge and again so clean and the shower/bath was fantastic. We had a beautifully cooked breakfast, and the coffee was perfect. I don't often review on Trip Advisor but such perfection deserves to be broadcast. The only slight problem we had was locating the switch for the fan in the bathroom. This didn't hamper our enjoyment of the shower but we were concerned that the bathroom would be spoiled by guests not finding the ventilation (we later found out that the location was mentioned in the guest book in our bedroom which we hadn't read properly)

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the garden with the most fantastic bathroom
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdcarroll
Leeds
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Me and my husband stayed for 2 nights whilst attending a wedding nearby. I believe we were lucky to get a booking as the B&B is very popular. The rooms and service are totally 5 star and could rival any 5 star hotel in the UK. The rooms are spectacular and the owner has paid exceptional attention to detail in the rooms. We had the attic room which was lovely and quiet and had lots of character with attic beams and decorated beautifully. My only criticism would be that the shower wasn't great and there was no bath but I know that showers are all being replaced very soon and I believe the other rooms had baths.

Breakfast was gorgeous and again the owner had paid exceptional attention to detail. All the guests all sit around one large table in the morning which is a nice touch as you get to chat to the other guests over your morning cup of tea.

It's a 5 minute walk into the centre is St Albans. We took a stroll round the market and the Cathedral. My friend had her wedding reception at the nearby butterfly world and although her wedding was lovely I don't rate butterfly world for a visit there is only one enclosure of butterflies which is quite small and the whole centre can be visited in less than half an hour.

I would highly recommend this B&B and I feel afraid no other B and B will match up to this lovely experience. We have truely been spoilt

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disppointment
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple