All reviews communal table boutique hotel little touches full english off road parking b bs train station place to stay home from home no hesitation in recommending stayed for nights fabulous breakfast guest house wonderful stay other guests bed and breakfast within easy walking distance
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

A very warm welcome, we was shown to our room and wow what a lovely room over looking the back garden, beds very comfortable and the breakfast is tasty. Just a ten minute stroll to the city centre where there are plenty of pubs , bars , and restaurants to choose from . Off road parking is a bonus too . Would definitely recommend this lovely bnb .

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Excellent welcome from Linda who was attentive but not overly intrusive. I had a lovely, comfortable and quiet room which felt like home. I also enjoyed a fantastic breakfast with the other wonderful and interesting guests. Something which rarely occurs in a chain hotel. Located just 5 minutes walk from the town centre and 10 minutes to St Albans City rail station, making it a great base to explore locally or for getting into central London. It took me around 30 minutes from leaving the front door to stepping off the fast train to St Pancras with plenty of return trains running late. If you're working in London, it would be an ideal place to be based from. I'll be using this place again in the future. Thanks Linda! x

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Evertonian_1
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Our annual trip to St. Albans was enhanced this year by our stay at no. 29, starting with the warm welcome from mine host Linda. When we saw the utter luxury of our room the first thing we did was send pictures home. The breakfast was first class, again served by workaholic Linda, whose smile lit up the whole trip. This B&B is heartily recommended.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigNeil2013
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Stumbled across this hotel at the last minute for a business trip. Chose it primarily because of the extremely competitive rate compared to all other hotels in the area. As a result I prejudged what it might be like, in that I suspected adequate for the purpose of my stay...I was very wrong. As someone who stays in many hotels I can safety say this is an excellent hotel, has a lovely feel to it, a warm welcome, is tastefully decorated and a delight to stay. The rooms are immaculate, beds and bedding extremely comfortable, the shower, towels in fact all amenities excellent and was the breakfast. I hope I have the need to return to St Albans soon just to stay there! The value for money surely cannot be rivalled in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank heyesphil
Reviewed 6 November 2017

I have been staying with Linda for many years now when I travel to the UK. Generally a week or more at a time. Nice and tidy house. Very quiet with excellent breakfast options. Linda is always helpful and full of good information. St. Albans is a nice place to stay with plenty of restaurants and shopping just a 5 minute or so walk. 5 minute walk to the St. Albans City station and then just 20 minutes to St. Pancras on the express. I'll continue to stay at Fleuchary House whenever I return.

Room Tip: I prefer the first room on the right at the top of the stairs on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business