“5 star!!!”

Kamillo's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kamillo's serves fine Italian food in authentic trattoria style in St Albans. With outdoor seating in the pretty garden, and a more secluded mezzanine dining area overlooking the oak beam-lined restaurant, the classic Mediterranean dishes at Kamillo's are prepared with pride by its expert chefs. The convivial hosts at Kamillo's are dedicated to offering pleasurable dining in relaxed surroundings.
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We happened to be in the area staying at a hotel as we were going to Harry Potter World the next day so looked to see where did the taste card nearby and Kamillo's came up.

We arrived and were seated straight away. We ordered the garlic bread to share to start. And for main I had the halibut with a creamy mash in wild mushroom sauce and my partner customised a margarita pizza by adding chicken and pepperoni which was no trouble at all.

When the halibut arrived it was piping hot and two large fillets on top of the mash with ample amounts of sauce. Same as my partners pizza looked beautiful. Then the waiter brought over the vegetables and potato (I hadn't realised these came with my meal so this was a real treat) the food tasted amazing and the portion sizes were not at all small! My partner said it was probably the best pizza he's ever had as it was so thin crispy but not burnt and not over topped.

Our only disappointment is that we live three hours away near Leeds so are pretty devastated it won't be a regular for us. Would recommend to anybody was a lovely experience and top quality food for under £25 with the tastecard!!! FIVE STARS

1  Thank Danny H

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'm visiting London and wanted to have a good Italian dinner on Sat night.
I've booked a table for two at a busy time. I was very pleasantly welcomed by the waiting staff. They came around with the specials board which we found quite authentic. The meal and drinks were served in good time despite the pick time.
We really enjoined a fantastic evening and will surely recommend it to our friends when coming to St Albans.

1  Thank Brijiotel
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This Sunday evening my wife and I had another superb meal at Kamillo's Restaurant in London Road, St. Albans. We both enjoyed Misto Fritto starters. My wife enjoyed a Sirloin steak with wine and mushroom sauce and I enjoyed a superb half of Duck. With a glass of excellent Rose and some sparkling water we finished the meal with some excellent filter coffee. The service throughout the meal was superb. Kamillo's has a large ranging menu which includes Tasty Quality Pizzas and Pastas at reasonable prices to suit most tastes.

2  Thank mike_StAlbans
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Booked a table for 4 on Saturday night. All started off well with friendly greeting and drinks and menu arrived quickly. Our starters arrived and were fine. The main courses however took ages, even though we ordered them at the same time as the starters. Nobody came to the table between collecting the plates from the starters and delivering the main courses which took nearly an hour. Nobody asked if we needed more drinks, nobody came back to ask if the food was ok. Had to asks 3 times to get another glass of Coke. Very poor service. Food portions were good but the food itself was mediocre at best. This used to be a great restaurant but I won't be returning after my last experience.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Walked in without booking at 8pm on a warm summers Wednesday evening and seated straight away on an outside table. Restaurant is very well designed and lovely setting. Menus given straight away and drinks order taken and delivered very quickly, always a bonus when a glass of wine helps with the menu choices. Restaurant was about half full and had some lively background music going on so good atmosphere. Food was lovely, we only popped in for a main course and ended up with three courses each. Starters of Asparagus and Mozzarella and tomatoes was mouth watering. My fresh Halibut on mash was perfect and Veal was apparently amazing. Took the plunge and we went for chocolate cake and Tiramisu, huge potions and again lovely. At the end of the meal Owner (i think) popped out and asked if we wanted a drink on the house to finish which was a lovely gesture but sadly was so full with great food we had to decline.
Overall a really good experience. Ive read the other reviews on here and all i can say is you cant beat a Wednesday night for a perfect dining out experience. Top Marks !

1  Thank Martin G