“Amazing 3 course set menu”

Freddie's Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 330 Restaurants in St Albans
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Camden Town
“Amazing 3 course set menu”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

To keep this short:

Had 3 courses: celeriac soup; cod fillet with new potatoes and asparagus sauce and walnut and chocolate brownie with cheesecake ice cream.

Food was lovely, service was excellent.-Thanks Freddie!!! And price was fair, just over £20.

I would genuinely recommend this restaurant to ANYONE!

Well done Freddie's, keep up the great work.

Al

1 Thank alexstav

London, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant, good food!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The food and service at Freddie's never fails to impress me! Time after time, food is presented excellently, tastes amazing and the staff are always so attentive! A real gem in St. Albans that I would always recommend!!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Yellowbear213
“Average”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We visited with friends for birthday treat. Service was excellent, friendly staff, good host/manager/owner. The food was nicely presented but underwhelming in taste. I had smoked duck special to start which was just ok. The beef fillet seemed like low grade meat, sinewy and slightly overdone (I asked for medium rare). The liqueur coffees were the highlight to an overall, average dining experience.

1 Thank Treesagreen21
London, United Kingdom
“Good but not the best in the area”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We visited Freddie's for a friends birthday and as it was mid-week we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

We opted for the 2 courses for £17.50, which was actually excellent value for the 2 courses we had. I opted for the Salmon for main and it was cooked very well. The others had the chicken and again this looked very good. The sides on both dishes were almost identical and that's a shame as it's always good to have a bit of a variety between dishes, however this is a small gripe.

The main reason I wanted to write a review is because Freddie's website states that it had 'elegant modern decor'. The truth is, the decor is very tired and would only be modern if we'd been transported back to 1995.

I'm sure this wouldn't be such an obvious thing at the weekend (when I hear the place is packed out) but it's certainly noticeable when there are fewer guests.

Overall, it's a decent restaurant but there are others in the local area which are, in my opinion, better. That's not to say we wouldn't visit again sometime though.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank and155
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Ate here with a friend on a Tuesday night. Picked it due to good reviews on TA, so expected it to be good, but was even better than that. Quite an extensive Mediterranean menu made it difficult to choose, I could have happily picked several dishes. I had mushroom soup with warm bread to start. Full of flavour, perfectly seasoned. My friend had mackerel pate with pitta bread, full marks. I then had rump of lamb, perfectly cooked, chargrilled on the outside and pink in the middle, served with a dollop of mustard mash and veg, the gravy was lovely. My friend had liver and bacon. Presentation and the quality of the food was excellent. Service was also very good, the manager Chris greeted us warmly and made sure we were well looked after. He explained it was a family business (Freddie is his brother). For the quality and service alone I have paid more in other restaurants of a similar standard. I'm already looking for an excuse to return to the area so I can eat here again. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014