“Great food and friendly.”
Review of Bar Espresso

Bar Espresso
Ranked #9 of 347 Restaurants in St Albans
Price range: US$21 - US$83
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family run restuarant serving traditional homecooked Italian food cooked from fresh with passion. We also have monthly specials including desserts.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just had supper at Bar Expresso.
First time eating here and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and great tasting food.
Owner and waitress very friendly.
Lovely relaxed atmosphere.
Must have driven past every day for 15 years and am sad to think we never visited before.
I think we will try breakfast and lunch too.

1  Thank Sadayton

Reviewed 13 August 2014

It is pointless to review! All you should do is to go to Bar Espresso and experience the food.
it is amazing. I do love it!!!

2  Thank Waldemar M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Never disappointed with the food, service or anything at Bar Espresso. I recommend it to all my friends! Lunch time menu is great as well!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Despite the glowing reviews here, we didn't think it was up to much at all. The interior wasn't restaurant standard decor, more glorified sandwich bar. Thinking that an authentic and tasty menu at a good price would make up for the lack of quality decor, we were sorely disappointed. The meals were premium prices, but without premium quality.
My veal steak was small, with a thin, watery sauce, lacking any zest or bite. Accompanying vegetables were under done, in contrast to the pasta which was overcooked and stodgy. My wife's pizza tasted pretty poor, with way too much marinara sauce soaking the base and unsavoury salami floating on the top.
As it was a family birthday, we didn't want to spoil the occasion by saying anything, although the owner seemed to have plenty of chat with the ladies. Strange,he didn't have too much to say about the provenance of the ingredients used on the menu.
I was genuinely shocked at the price of the bill. A family of five, (including three kids), with one shared starter between the adults, no puddings or coffee or wine, and an already added service charge, £95. It normally costs me around £70 all in to take them out for pizza and pasta at Zizzi or Frankie & Bennys. I'm all for supporting a local, smaller restaurant, but this guy takes the mick with his prices. It's just not good enough quality, or value. And the toilets are horrible.

12  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have been wanting to try this place for ages and finally got to visit it. It was excellent. Service was first class as was the food. The pizzas are enormous, really too much for one person but they were delicious. wine is amazing value. Will definitely be back to try some other things on the menu.