“Possibly the best Indian food on the island!”
Review of Shahanaz

Shahanaz
Ranked #378 of 690 Restaurants in Isle of Wight
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Luckily for us, The Shahanaz happens to be the closest Indian restaurant/takeaway to our house. All our family love Indian food and we have tried many restaurants all over the island and elsewhere. This little gem turns out consistent top quality food time after time! The staff are always friendly and helpful and are happy to make anything you can't find on the menu. We have lived close by for about five years and have had more meals from this restaurant than I can possibly remember both eating in and takeaway and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stupidly, we didn't think to book a restaurant before heading into Shanklin town for dinner on Easter Saturday and of course, everywhere was fully booked. We decided to drive to Sandown but with the same result. By pure chance we drove past Shahanaz in Lake on our way back to the hotel (by this time thinking a take-a-way burger or kebab was our only option) and as there were obvious empty tables decided to give it a go.
We were shown to a table in the window and immediately got the feeling that this place was once just a take-a-way and the owners had knocked through to the empty adjacent shop and put in a few tables. Whilst waiting for our menus to be brought to us I looked at some of the other reviews for the place on Trip Advisor and started to have second thoughts. When the food arrived though we were pleasantly surprised - slightly above average in my opinion for flavour and the staff, although not the fastest considering there were only 2 other people in the restaurant were courteous and friendly. The only other point to mention is that this place isn't licensed so we had to make do with a glass of coke with our meal, there is however no corkage charge and had we have done some prior research would have taken our own wine.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Drove to other side of the island to visit this restaurant. Not as hot as it should be. The food was bland with no heat. Went as a couple but the Waiter cleared plates before we had both finished eating.staff in general not attentive Sorry but Would not return Very Disappointed

1  Thank Bensonoct
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Rude, arrogant staff. Disgusting food, expensive and inattentive. Anyone ever had a tandori mix grill that comes in sauce, nope me neither until I visited this place. I suspect it was recycled from other customers left overs. avoid this one.

1  Thank bstad
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My best friend and her friends came here to celebrate her birthday. After a 30 minute wait to order and a rude waiter shussing them to be quiet (baring in mind this is a birthday with a fairly large group of people, it will be louder than normal!) she went to speak to a member of staff to ask when the order will be taken, half way through the coversation however the waiter started talking on the phone and walked off. Rightly so she and her friends then walked out!!!!! Absolute disgrace I have never ever heard of such rudeness in a restaurant. I strongly recommend people stay well clear of this place!!!! May I also strongly suggest as well that the owner send his staff on a course to show them how customers should be treated!!!! Utterly Disgusting!!!

3  Thank Nichola411