“Very Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #17 of 75 Canterbury B&B and Inns
eastbourne
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Just back from a 2 night weekend stay and must say it was a very good experience. Checked in by a friendly lady and shown up to our room, which was on the front of the hotel. Although it overlooked the busy A28 we were never bothered by any noise and slept very well. For those light sleepers, ear plugs were provided. As has previously been mentioned the room and shower are on the small side but perfectly adequate for a short stay. Lots of little extras were provided.
Breakfasts were excellent, ordered the night before. Bar food was good and reasonably priced. Plenty of locals in the bar who were all a friendly bunch, a very good choice of real ales is available. All staff were extremely pleasant. Car parking available but it's a bit of a tight fit. Outside smoking area is the best we have seen, undercover and heated.
Should we return to the area, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were attending a music festival for bank holiday. I booked this hotel as it looked quaint, within walking distance to the City and served real ale.. What a little gem!!! The room was quaint, with beamed ceilings, nicely decorated and very clean. It had character to say the least. There is only 3 rooms so it is very personal. We did come in late in the morning :) so the creaky floor boards were a bit loud but all in all, perfect. The garden is a sanctuary and you would not think that there was a busy main road out front. Parking is available too. The owner had 6 cats, which I adored. Breakfast was smashing. Very hospitable and an awesome memory..

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Comfortable room, great breakfast, friendly staff. The pub is about a ten-fifteen minute walk into the centre, perfectly placed for sightseeing. The building has plenty of character and is surrounded by some decent little restaurants - a nice Indian, a good chippy - although the pub's own food is great too. I had very little to complain about, except perhaps the low ceiling in my shower, but at the price I paid that was something I was happy to live with - and in a way it added to the building's charm.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Ben C
Peebles, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I am recently back form Canterbury where I stayed at The Kings Head for 3 nights B&B. The hotel is about 10 mins walk from the city centre. The staff and locals are friendly and helpful and my bedroom was cosy and comfortable. Although I was travelling alone, I felt very comfortable at all times - even sitting in the bar with my book and a pint! I had 2 evening meals there and both were fabulous - the young chef deserves a special mention - he is very skilled and the food was delicious.
Canterbury is a fantastic city to visit - so much to do and see - and it I were to go back, I would book myself back into The Kings Head.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My brother and I were visiting Shepherd Neame Brewery in nearby Faversham and we picked the King's Head as it is featured in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, 2013. Lovely place to stay excellent food and great cask beer. The curry night on Thursday is a definite recommend as the chef was good enough to make our meal to our taste buds - hot !!!. Careful in room No 1 if you are over 5 feet tall and taking a shower !!. In all fairness the owners have done a really good job adapting the rooms to fit the layout and structure of the old building. You select what breakfast you want the night before and leave it at the bar and it is served with a pleasant no fuss manner. We stayed two nights, had a drink in the bar both nights and were made very welcome by all the locals and regulars. If you visit Canterbury you must give the King's Head a visit.

Room Tip: I am 6 feet tall and room No 1 has a very low ceiling in the shower/toilet area.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nev B
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Kings Head Inn was a lovely place to stay. The owners were really friendly and helpful. Our accommodation was clean and perfect size for an over night stay. There was a lot of thought put into each room with specific instructions on each TV and other information about the hotel. After a long day walking around it was nice to be able to have a cuppa and biscuit. The room as a little noisy being near the road and hot in the afternoon sun but it was still a really comfortable stay. The breakfast was delicious as well! It is a good walking distance from the town square however a bit far to walk from Canterbury West Train station.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road as it does get quite noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bronniegrace
Reviewed 26 August 2013

A good, clean, friendly place to stay with a comfy bed and a great freshly cooked full English breakfast. I am short at just under 5ft so I didn't have any issues but my Husband who is less vertically challenged found using the hobbit sized bathroom & shower a bit of a squeeze! Did the job nicely though thank you!

Room Tip: We had room 1 at the back so our room wasn't on the road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple