“Amazing employees, management and food!!!”

Posillipo Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #48 of 386 Restaurants in Canterbury
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Childhood friends Enzo Espedito welcome you to a little taste of Napoli with Osteria Posillipo Pizzaria ��� quite likely one of Canterbury���s friendliest restaurants. Decorated in relaxing woods, this light, airy space has the added bonus of being located near the Marlowe Theatre. An in-house wood-fired stone oven is visible from the open-plan kitchen on the ground floor, allowing hungry diners watch their pizzas bubble away the traditional way. Not in the mood for pizza? Traditional Italian favourites are the name of the game here, including fresh, homemade pasta like spaghetti a vongole.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I love Italian food but I try to avoid going to Italian chains. However, with my husband we decided to try Posillipo on Saturday evening because i has been recommended to us.
As soon as we entered, the staff welcome us and gave us a nice table by the window even though they were almost fully booked.
The wine- The waitress recommended us a bottle of white wine (Fabio Contato Bianco) as we were going to have fish. Well done, Amazing wine.
The food was fairly authentic Italian, I had Linguine Posillipo and my husband had the whole sea bass with green salad from the special board. It was simply delicious!
The service was first class and the complimentary limoncello was a delightful surprise!

1  Thank Mariya g

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have been coming here for a number of years. Food is always amazing and service is superb.
I have lost count of the amount of times we have been and always had an enjoyable meal.
I had calamari fritti for starter which was out of this world. Linguine gambroni for main very tasty and chocolate fondant for dessert which melted in the mouth. Lovely place to come with family,friends or just for a romantic dinner for two. Can't wait to go back again :-)

Reviewed 16 February 2014

On arrival greeted by staff but then ignored. Finally showed to table. General atmosphere very noisy not the place for a meal if you want to be able to talk to your partner. Eventually a very surly waiter arrived to take order.
Starters of calamari were bland and very tough tasted like they had found them in the bottom of freezer.
Main course of Linguine ai gamberon was tastless and the prawns were that over cooked very difficult to shell. My husbands scallopine di polo was paltry(punn intended) over cooked and very salty.
Overall meal was of very poor quality and preparation and very over priced.
I will not be going back.

7  Thank suziewontong
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The restaurant is very noisy.
Starter calamari was very good
But both main courses were overcooked king prawns in one meal and the chicken in the were both very dry.
Overall not a good experience.
And not good value for the price.

Very over rated,sullen superior reception

5  Thank noxof
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We have been to the faversham, broadstairs and Canterbury one many times and as usual this is the very best one. Broadstairs suffers from horrific consistency issues sometimes but not here! Starters were amazing, real creamy mozzarella and bruschetta. The mains, meatballs, were cooked perfectly and our son literally woolfed down his pasta. We all had three courses with the desserts a major delight! I'd highly reccomend!