“What a place!”

Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Childhood friends Enzo Espedito welcome you to a little taste of Napoli with Osteria Posillipo Pizzaria ��� quite likely one of Canterbury���s friendliest restaurants. Decorated in relaxing woods, this light, airy space has the added bonus of being located near the Marlowe Theatre. An in-house wood-fired stone oven is visible from the open-plan kitchen on the ground floor, allowing hungry diners watch their pizzas bubble away the traditional way. Not in the mood for pizza? Traditional Italian favourites are the name of the game here, including fresh, homemade pasta like spaghetti a vongole.
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

This is my favourite restaurant in Canterbury. The food is fantastic and the service impeccable. I'm always made to feel very welcome.
The restaurant has just undergone renovation which has increased the size but it still maintains the warm and cosy atmosphere.
I always take friends here when they visit Canterbury as it never fails to live up to my expectations.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The food was delicious with a great selection available and prompt service. We were made to feel very welcome.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The food in this restaurant was, quite simply, divine. My chicken was so tender and beautifully cooked. The wine list is good and we had an absolutely wonderful evening here. The young waitress was very attentive and, if you can get over the snooty attitude of the head waiter/manager, the whole experience is delightful.

Situated in a lovely part of Canterbury looking out onto an ancient wall this is the perfect place for couples and families alike. Go here if you like your food cooked to perfection. Delicious.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We really loved everything about this restaurant, from start to finish everything was executed to a very high standard. Although we hadn't made a reservation we were able to get a table on a Saturday night without waiting. The staff were extremely welcoming and tentative. A nice touch was they brought the specials board to your table. The Antipasti for 2 to share was amazing though a little extra bread would have made it complete. For mains we ordered the skate and cod dishes with sauteed potatoes and spinach to share. This was my first experience of skate and it won't be my last. My girlfriend loved her cod with olives and capers. The Tiramasu was a slight disappointment, still very tasty but I have to say the one at the chain Carluccious is better. This one had to much cream for my liking and looked better than it tasted. Service was outstanding throughout and the restaurant had a great vibe. We would both highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Decided to try this restaurant as the specials' board seemed interesting.

The food was well cooked and the service was very good.

The portions are quite big so a starter could easily be shared between two people.

Well worth going to.