“Our favourite Italian”

Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Childhood friends Enzo Espedito welcome you to a little taste of Napoli with Osteria Posillipo Pizzaria ��� quite likely one of Canterbury���s friendliest restaurants. Decorated in relaxing woods, this light, airy space has the added bonus of being located near the Marlowe Theatre. An in-house wood-fired stone oven is visible from the open-plan kitchen on the ground floor, allowing hungry diners watch their pizzas bubble away the traditional way. Not in the mood for pizza? Traditional Italian favourites are the name of the game here, including fresh, homemade pasta like spaghetti a vongole.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

we are regulars to Posillipos and I've already been probably 10 times over the past three years. Their food is really great. I have never had a disappointing meal here. The pastas are fresh tasty and hearty, their wood oven baked pizzas are fantastic - as my Italian friends say- just like at home. I think this is the place Italians actually go to for proper Italian food, so need I say more?
This place is also fantastic for group events as well (been twice as a larger group and their service was quick reliable and very friendly).

There are newer reviews for Posillipo Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Found this place by looking on Tripadvisor! It was buzzing at 8.00pm on Saturday evening. Delicious food. We both started with Rocket, Parma Ham and Parmesan cheese shavings with balsamic vinegar. The rocket was fresh, the parma ham was very good quality as was the cheese. The portion looked generous, but was not over filling as we needed room for my superb spaghetti alla vongole and my friends meatballs in tomato sauce with spinach was delicious. We watched this down with a bottle of good house wine, and instead of dessert we had a large brandy and large Baileys. Tap water was provided and the bill was just £60 (plus service) which we thought was very good value for money - this is a must eat at place in Canterbury.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

we had a very enjoyable dinner at this Italian restaurant. Good fresh food and staff very helpful. Prices reasonable. Nice atmosphere, well done to the staff for getting it just right.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband who loves pizza reckons that here they probably do the best pizza in Canterbury.The pizza he had was the San Martino. I like it here as they have a good choice of fish dishes. I chose from the specials board & my starter of mussels in a scrumptious cherry tomato & chilli sauce was great.Good, friendly service & pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

This is my favourite restaurant in Canterbury. The food is fantastic and the service impeccable. I'm always made to feel very welcome.
The restaurant has just undergone renovation which has increased the size but it still maintains the warm and cosy atmosphere.
I always take friends here when they visit Canterbury as it never fails to live up to my expectations.