“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carena House B&B

Carena House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
Carena House B&B
Ranked #18 of 81 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My friend and I stayed in Carena House for 3 nights , after a trip to Southern France. We wanted to see a little more of England before our return to Canada. Good location - perhaps 15 minutes walk to town centre, and an easy bus trip to Dover Castle as well. . Debbie is very friendly and helpful. Excellent food - a great choice overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed in Caren for 5 nights. Though the room was a bit small but it is clean and tidy. My room faced the backside which was an added bonus for its quietness. Debbie, a fantastic host, cooked you excellent English Breakfast. She has been very helpful to me during my stay and pointed me to right direction and offer lost of useful advice. I have a great stay overall!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely bed-and-breakfast and Debbie makes you feel very welcome. Our room was towards the back of the house, it was very clean although a little small. Despite being on a busy road the house is very quiet although finding a parking space can be a challenge. Debbie cooked a sensational English breakfast to set you up for the day ahead. This B&B is well positioned just a five minutes walk from the town center.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Rodders27
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed in Carena for 3 nights. I was picking up my son to take him off to University and so my trip was always going to be one to remember but staying with Debbie made it extra special. the food, the place, the room, the comfort & the hospitality was exceptional. Debbie is a fantastic host, you don't feel as if you are staying in a B&B, I felt as if I was staying with a very good friend. Exceptional value for a priceless stay...Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Essen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We arrived at the Carena House B&B quite late after an extremely exhausting journey down from the North. Debbie welcomed us so heartily that it felt like coming home.
We slept excellently and in the morning we were served a delicious breakfast and had a long and funny chat with Debbie who really is the good soul of this B&B. The room and the bathroom were clean and nicely furnished. Unfortunately we could only stay one night, but Canterbury is a must see. We recommend this B&B and will stay there again if we are in the area.
- the two German boys -

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed at Carena House for three nights in July. The host, Debbie, was lovely - from my first enquiry until I left the B&B she was very friendly, welcoming, and hospitable. I stayed (on my own) in a double room for £55 per night, which was about half the price of the higher rated B&Bs in Canterbury. Given the location (about 15 mins stroll from B&B door to Cathedral door) and the price, Carena should be ranked #1 B&B in Canterbury as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and there is free parking on the road and surrounding side roads - I had no trouble finding a spot.

My room, number 3, was bright, clean, and wel presented. The bed was, I think, a small double, so I'm glad I didn't have to share it! The ensuite shower room was excellent - very good power shower with plenty of hot water morning and evening, although it was so hot that weekend that I actually had cold showers!

Tea, coffee, biscuits provided and replenished daily. Plus the bed was made and bins emptied every day. Wouldn't expect that sort of service from a B&B but was very welcome!

My only suggestion for improvement would be a fan. The room, at the top of the house, was VERY warm and there was very little breeze from the windows. Admittedly it was the hottest weekend of the year and the room faces the afternoon sun, so obviously not something that the hosts can control, but a plug in fan would have been very welcome.

The breakfast was lovely - I enjoyed fresh fruit, fruit juice, cooked breakfast and toast. All served with a smile from Debbie.

I would absolutely recommend Carena House and will look it up again should I return to Canterbury.

Room Tip: The house is on a main road so if you have trouble sleeping maybe ask for one of the rooms at the ba...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rose W
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

My son and I stayed with Debbie and Barry three years ago when my son was starting at Kent Uni. She got us through major traumatic times and can't tell you enough how Debbie supported us. This week we went back to stay with them for son's graduation and felt like staying with your best friends.

The rooms are fantastic , lovely decor and cleanliness is top priority. Fluffy towels, clean and fresh linens on beds and so comfy, toiletries, tea and coffee facilities in rooms complete with fantastic biscuits....I was very tempted but didn't as on diet. Nothing is a problem for them as so hospitable and Debbie is such a lovely lady, so caring with a wicked sense of humour!

Breakfast choice is first class and delicious and served with a smile and terrific conversation, you feel so welcome. Debbie is an amazing host....kind, caring, funny, helpful and an extra bonus to staying in such a lovely place.

I ended an amazing time in my life and came full circle staying at Carena House. If you would like to visit Canterbury, stay at Carena House Guest House, it's home for home, and you still feel like you are having a treat for yourself.

Will I go back ...definitely ,because its like staying with your best friend. ( special little message for Debbie...your are a wonderful lady and will always be a friend to me.....thank you)

To those googling Tripadvisor....don't go anywhere else.....you need to experience the hospitality at Carena and you will have a blast !!!!!

Room Tip: They are all special so let Debbie know your requirements for your visit and she'll do the rest.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family