“Food amazing, service - disgusting”

Prezzo - Canterbury
Ranked #118 of 369 Restaurants in Canterbury
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving irresistible Italian cuisine in casual, friendly surroundings, Prezzo uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to create their award-winning pizzas, as well as other dishes prepared with produce sourced directly from Italy, all at prices that emphasise great value for money. Situated in prime and appealing settings throughout London and the U.K, Prezzo's chic, contemporary restaurant are often housed within historic buildings or buildings of local interest. Whatever the location though, Prezzo consistently offers an outstanding venue perfect for informal dining, business meetings, parties and other celebrations, aided by the charming and welcoming staff. Showcasing Prezzo's widely renowned pizzas, the delicious menus also offer a rich variety of antipasti dishes, creamy risottos and pasta, not to mention succulent chargrilled meats, fresh salads and a range of tasty specials for you to try. Finish up with your choice of Italian wine and coffee, not to mention an indulgent dessert, and you will have certainly enjoyed an exceptional Italian meal that you won't soon forget.
“Food amazing, service - disgusting”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

After attending the restaurant with a friend in order to cheer ourselves up we came into prezzo on a quiet afternoon.
Our starters ad mains were both amazing quality and had fantastic flavours..
HOWEVER.. Throughout the duration we were made to feel as though we were putting them out for eating in the restaurant.
Our starters took over 25 mins to be cleared and then when we mentioned something we got made to feel as though we were in the wrong. After that we were made to feel unwelcome and furthermore had a stern telling off about our complaint.. The worst part being our server was the manager.. The other server however was polite and amazing..
Food amazing.. Manager rude and inconsiderate. Don't let her out you off the chefs are fantastic.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My Mother and I were not looking for something to eat then we were walking past and happened to look at the menu and we ended up coming in. We had a fabulous meal, the service was excellent.

Visited November 2013
Deal, England
“Very underwhelming experience”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We visited Prezzos for a pre theatre meal and were impressed with the look of the restaurant, but we shouldn't have been fooled by that. The waitress, who obviously had other things on her mind, misinformed us about the deals on the menu. This cost us an extra £15, but more of that later. One of the starters we ordered, bruschetta, arrived as garlic bread, which was severely lacking in garlic. My wife had King Prawn Risotto as her main and enjoyed her meal. I had the Penne Al Pollo Zafferano and I think they had forgotten to put the chicken in it. We then had to wait for more than twenty minutes for our desserts and the restaurant was not that busy. When the bill arrived from the still uninterested waitress we spoke to the manager about the misinformation and he just said "sorry" and walked off.

• Visited November 2013
Ashford, Kent
“Lovely lunch!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I was Christmas shopping with a good friend and liked the look of both the restaurant and the menu. Obviously many others did too..it was packed! We were seated immediately ad therecwere just 2 of us..people wanting larger tables had to wait.
We both had choices from the £9.95 lunch menu. I had goats cheese to start and my friend had bruschetta. Both were excellent.and surprisingly large!! For mains, I had pizza and my friend chicken caesar salad. Both, again,were huge! My pizza was good, but my friend's salad was awash with dressing! Next time, she said, she would ask for dressing on the side.
Service was good, although it was very busy.
All in all..very nice..will definitely go there again.

Margate, United Kingdom
“Prefer the Broadstairs one!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Went here for lunch with a friend, who had been here recently and loved it. I've only been tothe Broadstairs one, but they do gluten-free pizza so I knew I'd be able to eat something. I found the staff a little abrupt and unfriendly. I love the decor though, it's a lovely building. My friend had chicken carbonara ravioli, which is what she had last time, and she enjoyed it. I had a vegetarian pizza, which was nice, but would have preferred the spinach to have been cooked with the pizza rather than served raw on top, and there was a bit too much cheese on it for my liking. They were training someone up on this day, I think, and the trainee girl was actually a lot more polite and friendly than the other 2 people who had been serving us. We got our food quickly though, so the service wasn't that bad.

• Visited October 2013