“Brilliant find”

St Johns Court Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
St Johns Court Guest House
Ranked #46 of 75 Canterbury B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant find”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My boyfriend has just treated me to a lovely weekend in Canterbury and he chose this bed and breakfast, ST Johns Court Guest House. It was brilliant, comfy rooms, great breakfasts, great location and brilliant service, I very highly recommended this very reasonable, very welcoming b and b and we will be back

Room Tip: No on suite but perfect in everyway
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Westerham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Lovely clean room with parking right in the centre of Canterbury. Yes, the owner is a bit of a character, but as long as you are patient and polite, she is full of useful information and did not mind repeating instructions on how to get somewhere, even through we asked several times! (My sense of direction is poor, to say the least.) A spacious, clean room with pleasant decor and comfortable bed in a quiet road. Plenty of choice for bathrooms which are not too far from bedrooms. Good breakfast, freshly made. For the price you pay, who would expect toiletries, let alone luxury ones? I would be more than happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Some people say pick a room at the back, but we had a room facing the road, and it was still pretty...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed here for two nights whilst working in Canterbury.

The room was comfortable, spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable (not too soft) and the linen was fresh. My room (room 2) looked out onto the courtyard at the back and was not en suite but that really didn't bother me as there are many toilets and showers available in the property - I was never caught short! There is also a dedicated bathroom too. My room had a small table and chair (plus TV with remote) but I'm unsure as to whether there were tea and coffee making facilities there as I didn't have a cup during my stay. However, I know that this was available on the house from the kitchen which was only 10 seconds away.

Liz the owner was friendly and very helpful throughout the stay and there is some off-street parking available but you should book it in advance to be sure. There are several municipal car parks in the area if this doesn't work.

You are five minutes' walk from the centre and I was about the same distance from my work and so, with my delicious full English breakfast inside me, I went to work each day, full, in the knowledge that I wasn't polluting the atmosphere.

If I have work in Canterbury again I would definitely return as, at £35 per night, it is a bargain!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed here in March 2013 in a lovely single room (room 2) with a nice view across the courtyard. The location is excellenct - it only takes five minutes to walk to the centre. yes, there are some rules of behaviour you are introduced to, but Liz is, nevertheless, very welcoming and helpful. Even when I had problems with my car she was happy to help me.
I also liked the English breakfast and the possibility to take a hot bath in the spotlessly clean bathroom. (It was freezingly cold outside...)
Enjoyed it very much and will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Had a lovely comfortable stay for 2 nights. Lovely comfortable bed and very clean rooms and bathrooms/shower rooms, although rooms are not en suite there is plenty of choice of bathrooms or shower rooms, rooms also have wash hand basins. Liz is very welcoming, and cooks a lovely breakfast, 3 choices to choose from. Location is brilliant, near the centre of town but in a really quiet lane, from rear bedroom could see tower of the Cathedral. Will definitely return

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stayed here in October 2011 as a base for exploring Kent. The guest house is nice, clean and with off street parking. Breakfast was nice and the bathroom was clean. We got the loft bedroom which is very spacious and one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. Its location means it is very easy to walk to the attractions of Canterbury. Its a great base for exploring Canterbury and the rest of Kent. In the doorway of the guest house you will find lots of leaflets about Kent tourist attractions. Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: The loft bedroom is brilliant and spacey.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobLivett
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed at St John's Court for 2 nights over a bank holiday weekend. My girlfriend is vegan but Liz (the host) cooked a delicious vegan 'full English' each morning, and even bought a carton of soya milk especially for us.

The guest house is about 5 minutes from the main street in the town, but away from the bars so pretty quiet at night. Occasionally there was noise from small groups of people walking past the street outside, so if you're a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room at the back of the building, but the street is a bit of a cul-de-sac so this didn't happen too often.

The room decor is a bit flowery (reminded me of my gran's) but it's perfectly comfortable. The TV signal is a bit dodgy (but I wasn't really looking to watch it anyway) and there was wifi that was (at times) good enough to watch online TV.

If you're looking for a nice, cheap base for your visit to the town this is great.

Room Tip: I imagine it's quieter round the back of the house than the street side (where there is very occ...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple