“Unexpected and really enjoyable”

Canterbury Punting Company
Cambridge Punting Tour
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Canterbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Canterbury Punting Company offer river tours around Canterbury's historic city centre.You can choose either a Historic tour, a haunted river tour or a romantic tour for two. Tours last around 50 minutes.The boats used are traditional punts, which have comfortable cushions and blankets.
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I had no idea you could punt in Canterbury. Our trip was both pleasant and informative. Andrew clearly knows his stuff and was good to listen to. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for some relaxing fun in Kent.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We went to Canterbury on Sunday during our visit to Kent and came across this great man on his punt. On his recommendation! we went on a trip. He was great - I have two replacement knees and was very dubious about getting in and out of the punt, but with the help of the men in our party and Ian holding the boat very firmly I managed to sit down. We had a lovely trip and again at the end I had all the help I needed to get and off the punt. (Ian has a very good singing voice and has plenty of banter). If you get the chance go on this trip with Ian. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Fun punting experience!! Definitely a must do in Canterbury!!!

Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

Nice and quiet boat trip. The guide, Miguel in this case, had a though day pushing a boat with 12 grown man, but kept a smile on his face and making jokes! The trip was a bit shorter than expected, but still worthwhile.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

So glad I stopped to talk to the guys on the High Street as we hadn't planned to take this trip (had set off for the cathedral but found it far too pricy) so it was a lucky find. Have to say the coffee at the Canterbury Punting Co coffee shop where you wait to go was some of the best I've tasted and we ended up taking it on our punt with us. Incredibly we hit a patch of sunshine in the midst of the foul weather and down on the water it was warm ... we spotted a batch of 10 new born ducklings, several nesting birds, lots of fish and even an eel much to the delight of my son! The pace is leisurely, the info informative and jovial, and the viewpoint unusual, travelling underneath some of the ancient parts of the city such as the first hospital. You can also entertain small children (and yourself!) by waving at them in PizzaExpress as well as try to converse with several row-boat loads of French students (well it was half-term).
All in all a very entertaining trip and by the time we got back we were so chilled I could have gone for a siesta!