“Great way to spend time in Canterbury”

Canterbury Guided Tours
Ranked #4 of 17 Tours in Canterbury
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great tour of the City with Andrew our guide on 30 May. Very knowledgeable and entertaining. Very worthwhile and for £7 (or slightly less for we oldies) a great introduction to the City. Thoroughly recommended.

All reviews
"english history"
"thomas becket"
"high street"

Reviewed 18 May 2014

For £7, this tour is great value. We had a very enthusiastic guide who spoke very clearly, was very well informed and entertaining. He kept us moving without rushing us and I learned much more than I would have from a guidebook. It's the little anecdotes that are the most enjoyable. Definitely recommended.

1  Thank fmck49
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This 90 min walking tour was excellent value for money. The guide was very knowledgeable and passionate about his subject matter. I got to see all the major sites in Canterbury and hear all the interesting stories behind the buildings and streets. If you are only in Canterbury for a short while the tour is essential for seeing as much as possible in 90 mins. If you are staying longer you can use the tour as a base for deciding what attractions you want to see in more details as these are all pointed out along the route such as the Roman museum and the Canterbury Tales experience

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited Canterbury on Easter Sunday, just for something to do for the afternoon, as despite growing up in Kent, it was some 20 years since we had visited. The weather was not great and so I decided rather than wonder around aimlessly, we should go on the walking tour that started at 2pm. I always try to arrange a walking tour whenever I first go to a new city/town as I feel this is the best way to learn about the area and helps you to decide what you want to go back and look at in more detail in your own time.

The 90 min walking tour of Canterbury didn't disappoint. I can not remember our guides name, but she was very informative with a good sense of humour. Something she needed, when she battled on through terrential rain for the last half hour of our tour. I would recommend the tour to other visitors to Canterbury, and at £7 for an adult it doesn't break the bank.

1  Thank labella21