“Weavers wove a spell.”

Ranked #28 of 376 Restaurants in Canterbury
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Was so good....when back the next night too!!! Can't fault this centrally located restaurant, everything you could wish for in a reasonable priced eatery! Location was fantastic, second evening sat outside on the waterside terrace while eating the best king prawns I have ever tasted.
The service was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. Well presented food, plentiful and very tasty. Extensive menu, with a good veggie choice. The staff were smart, efficient and attentive. There was a great ambience about the place, quiet and friendly and no rush to leave our table. Would be a first port of call, if we visit again.

1  Thank Wendy M
There are newer reviews for The Old Weavers Restaurant

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great resturant. We went on two nights. The choice was impressive. My wife the vegetarian was well pleased with her choices.
The staff were friendly and attentive. The second night we dined in the garden area and is was idylic. Staff were happy to move us inside as it became cooler.
Meals were hot, presented well and were of sizable portions.
Cannot recomend to highly if you like good food at reasonable prices.

1  Thank Jeffrey M
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Looking for a place to eat bruch that was savoury and not in a chain coffee shop. We called in here for full english breakfast and coffee. The location is fantastic, in the city centre, right by the side of the river. Prices reasonable and the food good and plentiful. The bacon was proper bacon, not that tastless, wafer thin, water injected stuff we have become conditioned to. The only thing missing for me was black pudding.

It's a 1500's building.

We will go back, and when we do, if the weather is nice, we'll sit out the back by the river. Great place that I think gets overlooked.

I didn't know whether to give this 4 or 5 stars. Originally I gave it 4, but there was no reason not to give it 5, considering the price and location. Even if I didn't get black pudding!

1  Thank GlyderFawr
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Lovely place, attentive staff, nice coffee. The meals though were a complete let down.(sent back) I see many good reviews on here, so maybe the chef was off that day. We might stop there for coffee, as the location was very nice, especially the river side garden, but we will dine elsewhere

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is my restaurant of choice whenever my parents come to visit, the menu has something for everyone, good food, however the roast dinners disappoint as the portion of roast potatoes is very small. Overall not a bad place to eat we always return

1  Thank 225Chloe