The Millers Arms
  • Bar/Lounge
Castle House Hotel(Canterbury)
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe pubshepherd neamecar parkfull englishcity centre and cathedralbreakfast was excellentexcellent locationfew minutes walkdefinitely stay here againrooms are smalllovely roomeggs benedicta great place to stayconvenient locationper dayshort strollmarlowe theatre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I highly recommend this lovely B&B/pub to anyone looking to stay in Canterbury.It is centrally located and is a few minutes stroll to the high street. The staff were extremely friendly and very accommodating. They would go out of their way to ensure you were comfortable. The breakfast is included in the room rate and is delicious! Would suggest trying the English breakfast or for something lighter, try the porridge with honey. The rooms are warm, comfortable and clean and include a lovely bathroom with toiletries. There is a wardrobe to hang your clothes and a desk with a large mirror and hairdryer. Tea and coffee making facilities are also included in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Six of us went to canterbury for girls weekend.We stayed at the millers arms.Our room was extreemly clean warm and comfortable.We went to a show and finished the evening of in the bar of the millers.The staff were friendly and helpful.Breakfast was good.The position is great to see the city really central ideal for visit to the Marlowe.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Location was amazing and the breakfast was delicious- I highly recommend this quaint hotel. We stayed here the last week in November and really enjoyed it. The floors were pretty squeaky, but everything was nice and tidy. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Luv2travel1308
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stayed in The Millers Arms for the second time a couple of weeks ago, I had stayed there before I was not happy with the place on my first visit but I made allowances as they were carrying out renovations on the bar area. I booked it this time and asked specificaly not to be put in a named room in the front of the building, I did not wish to stay in that room as the windows are draughty and the sound from the mill race is head wrecking. The room is full of clutter and the bathroom window which is not frosted, opens onto the street (it does have a pull down blind) only for the blind you would be in full view of the public while doing your business.
There was no hot water in the mornings when I asked I was told that a lot of people were using it and it had run out. I also tried to have a shower at 10 pm but there was no hot water then either. The floor boards outside the room on the landing and corridors were as noisy as the mill race.
The breakfast was served by a young lady who obviosly had no training and no interest in the job and less interest in being polite. The food for breakfast was served in chaotic order.
I just don't understand how the EU allows these old converted houses to accomodate people never mind charge them for the privilage. Give me modern souless places before these " olde english quaint ale house boarding houses" knock it down and build a new one with proper windows at least

Room Tip: Are there good rooms in this ale boarding house ?
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Me and my boyfriend recently spent 3 nights at this hotel.
Location wise it is perfect.. 2 minutes walk to the city centre, and quiet enough to get a brilliant nights sleep.
Everything was perfect...
Check in, breakfast, location, price.
We would most definately return...
Can't thank the staff enough. Their customer service is spot on, and they are worth their weight in gold. Particular thanks to Angela... And there was another girl.. But we didn't get her name :( sorry!
Keep up the fab work!!!