“Perfect, just perfect.”
Review of The Millers Arms

The Millers Arms
Ranked #5 of 74 Canterbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here recently for one night while visiting the area on a business trip. After parking the car very easily in the vast car park (council owned) directly opposite the inn I was greeted enthusiastically by the two bar staff. This is always nice after a long drive and an encounter with the M25. Check in was fast and I was shown to my room which looked out over the river. The room was spotless and very cosy, I felt instantly at home. I actually left the window open all night because the sound of the river running was really relaxing.

After sleeping fantastically I was treated to a breakfast fit for a king and yet more delightful service from the staff.

It was no coincidence that the following days work was successful.

I will certainly be returning here whenever is am in the area. Business or pleasure.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've stayed at the Millers arms on a number of occasions and have never been let down. Very friendly welcoming staff and owners. Absolutely perfect location as there are lots of good restaurants and pubs serving food in the vicinity but I usually dine at the Hotel as the food is always excellent. Rooms are very comfortable and have recently been refurnished to a high standard. The Hotel is one of those places were you immediately feel at home whether you are on your own or with company. Parking is not a issue as you just pay £6 to the Hotel and the car park is immediately across the road. Can't fault it and will stay here every time I am in Canterbury.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great pub, with open fire, very busy place. The rooms are spotless and have everything you need for a short break. Nicely decorated, very modern. Good choice for breakfast, very tasty, staff really friendly and made you feel really welcome. No parking but a car park opposite, pay the pub £6 for a 24 hour parking ticket. Would defo recommend and will go back again. Thank you

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had to find a hotel to stay at for short notice when my friends came to stay and I had to re-locate to fit them all my in house (as ever the gracious hostess!)
I chose this hotel as it was in the centre of town and was close to my own house. I felt very welcomed as I arrived, it was a busy pub atmosphere so I feared the worse as I was shown to my room but it was very quiet and peaceful.
My room looked out on the river, it was very clean although small- its the city centre so I do understand that all rooms will be small plus I was just me so the size was fine.
The bathroom was clean, towels were provided as well as lotions, shampoos, a sewing kit etc., all those little bits and bob that are missing these days for cheap hotel chains. It felt extremely homely. The bed was also more than comfortable!

After being shown my room I went down stairs and had a drink and some dinner. The food was really good, with a really friendly atmosphere.

In the morning a cooked breakfast was provided as well as toast, cereals, fruit and juices.

Very friendly place in a perfect location!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We normally stayed at the Abode Hotel, which is a nice hotel but very much more expensive and frankly without any spa or other facilities to warrent the price. We therefore decided to try something much less expensive. The room was small but worked perfectly well. The bathrooms clean and very well presented. Beds firm and ideal for a good night's sleep. Breakfast was again fine.

I would recommend the hotel as ideal for those on a budget and not looking for anything special. The TV has a god selction of channels. All in all a perfect find.

Room Tip: We had one overlooking the river. It was fine the Friars
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Very friendly staff, took our bags and looked after them while we walked around. We had a room overlooking river which was really nice, other rooms had views of the cathedral. It was clean and the rooms were nice, nice little products in the room. Quiet area, close enough to town. The breakfast was really good, lots of choice. We really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Any room would be nice
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Great location easily within walking distance of the city centre.Lovely Shepherd Neame pub with friendly staff.
The breakfast full english breakfast was excellent with plenty of cereal and fruit also to chose from.We didn't eat our evening meal there so cannot comment.
We were the first people to stay in The Pardoners Tale room since it had been renovated and it was beautiful finished and the ensuite was all new.We had views of the park and could here the weir rushing past although this did not disturb our sleep.
Canterbury is a lovely city and this is a great place to stay and explore it ,we would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple