“Good”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Had entrees and main course but that was way too much. The rib eye I had was perfect. Good value for money. With 2 people, drinks, entrees and main course = £50. Friendly staff

1  Thank Gabrie v

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

With so many lovely pubs in Canterbury I'm astonished the dolphin does such a trade. The garden is the only reason this review is two and not one star. The owner seems to hate his job. He spent about 5 minutes severely dressing down a member of staff right in front of customers rather than serving us. Incredibly unprofessional and embarrassing for the poor girl in question. There is a ridiculous list by the door to the garden about what you cannot do there. Basically no fun is allowed in the dolphin garden. And to top it off it is ludicrously expensive. Walk on by in either direction and you'll come across the Parrot or the Miller's Arms both much more worthy of a visit

2  Thank hestablueburger
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Turned up here with family, grandfather and Blue the Viszla for a drink in the garden. no dogs! Clearly the Dolphin thinks it's something special. Its not sit a pub. Walk on by there are plenty more.

3  Thank MagicRoundabout
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The food is decent for pub grub, at first the manager looked annoyed and was being blunt and a wee bit rude with us at the request for food orders as there was another large group of people ordering too, I made a comment loudly which I think he heard as he was actually pleasent after that. Good selection of gins for a nice g&t in the sun.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I popped in on my birthday, on the off chance I could get a table for an evening meal. I hadn't booked but thought I'd give it a go as I'd heard good things from friends. At first, my wife and I were shown to a small table in a corner. Not much room but ok, and as I hadn't booked I thought "fair enough" before our meal had arrived the gentleman behind the bar had offered my wife and I to move to a better table that had become available. We hadn't asked to move or made any suggestion that our table was unacceptable, but the staff went out of their way to look after us. They moved us to a large table in the conservatory area, which was lovely. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The food was superb. The ale was in first class condition. The staff were fantastic and were an absolute credit to the pub. I couldn't rate the pub any higher. I'd definitely recommend the dolphin to anyone. Thank you all for capping off what was for me a superb birthday.