“Average dining experience”

New Century
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Nepalese
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: WE are family business in canterbury for over 20 year ,we alway doing our best on our service and food to all the local familys and visitors in canterbury, looking forward to see soon in our restaurant ***
U.K.
“Average dining experience”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I visited this restaurant with a group of five. As I am not a great fan of Chinese I was hoping my colleague's excellent reviews would be substantiated. However, I can't say this was the case. The food was reasonable and there is a wide choice available. The staff were nice. I don't really enjoy eating at a table with a plastic tablecloth and cheap cutlery. Desserts at a Chinese are a bonus and even if they were bought in they were nice. I liked the Chinese lager. Bill came to around £150 for five people with drinks and a few cocktails so not bad value. Ambience was a little missing. Yes, with photo ID you can eat free for your birthday. I'll pass on that.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Erma_Passenga

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing family run restaurant!”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Absolutely love this restaurant and have used it reguraly over the last 8 years! The menu is extensive and everything is bought to you hot having been freshly prepared! Ok so the drinks may cost a little more than in another restaurant but for less than 25 you could have a range of starters, duck (which you would normally pay around 7-8 pounds for on its own), soups and an array of main courses with pudding and a couple of drinks!
The restaurant is family run and all of them polite and ensure that you enjoy your meal!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Jade L
“A little overpriced and service was poor.”
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

We came here for a birthday meal and found ourselves paying over the odds for drinks and food, I definitely would recommend Cafè De China instead.

1 Thank Mayhew132
Canterbury
“Great food, love it here and they take card !”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

It is great here, they are quick and deliver amazing food. Everyone I know has good things to say about this place.

I have heard they let you eat free on your birthday!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Canterbury84
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eat free on Birthday!!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I paid nothing on my birthday, i brought a group of friends and i only paid for the drinks, it was amazing offer, excellent food, excellent time!! Best!!

• Visited April 2012