“NEVER Again!”

New Century
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Chinese, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: WE are family business in canterbury for over 20 year ,we alway doing our best on our service and food to all the local familys and visitors in canterbury, looking forward to see soon in our restaurant ***
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ordered a take away on recommendation from my friends wedding...NEVER AGAIN!

My girlfriends and I ordered a take away which took over an hour on a Wednesday night, it arrived Cold, the meat was chewy, the rice portion was very small and the spring rolls, well i actually cannot explain how awful they tasted.

One good thing I can complement on is the delivery man. Very polite and delivered to the top floor of my flat.

I would not recommend a take away from this Chinese.

2  Thank Danielle B B
There are newer reviews for New Century

Reviewed 4 March 2014

On impulse last night we decided to eat out. Having parked around the corner we found the New Century. They do a mixture of Chinese, Indian and Nepalese cuisine. The restaurant is quite small and intimate. I quite fancied the Nepalese as I enjoy this very much but we decided to go for the Chinese all you can eat menu. The starters came arranged beautifully on a huge dish very well presented and hot. The seaweed was the best I have eaten together with the Satay chicken, the sauce was beyond description Yummy!!!

The Sizzling dishes were full of flavour and perfectly cooked.
What a fantastic meal although the service was not superfast it was acceptable considering they were busy for a Monday what made the restaurant appealing and worth a return visit, was the Manager coming over to apologise for the delays as they were exceptionally busy for a Monday. We had a great time and will be back soon ( Nepalese next time and cant wait!!)

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Obviously changed owners since last year. Ordered shredded chicken
Peking style, they sent out deep fried chicken nuggets!, when I queried the owner said that was how it should look!, I refused to eat or pay for it. The coconut rice was stodgy rice with an inch of desiccated coconut sprinkled on the top, disgusting. The owner treated her young waitress very badly, we left our food and will never return, if you do want to try it, wear something wam as they don't put the heating on. Steer clear, plenty of good Chinese restaurants in Canterbury,

2  Thank bonnie093
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Ordered a take away via Just Eat, payment taken with an one hour delivery time given. Food arrived two and a half hours later, some items missing, three items could not be eaten, all items warm and not hot. Really disappointing especially as we live only live a short 10 minute drive, should have gone elsewhere, will do in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Fantastic food, good service and an amazing all-you-can-eat menu that offers exceptional value for money. Definitely the best place to go for Chinese food in Canterbury.

3  Thank KenC48