“Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!”
Review of The Parrot

The Parrot
Ranked #46 of 384 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Our first visit here on Friday 28th March and will definitely be going back! A beautiful quaint little place tucked away, full of charm and character. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious and well presented. Could not fault the place and am looking forward to going back!

2  Thank Marjorie126

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We eat here on a regular basis. Last Sunday we had lunch from the new menu - we both had the roast beef which was excellent. We return here time after time because not only is the food very good but the staff are excellent - welcoming, attentive but not intrusive. The pub was busy with most people eating but the service was slick, the food was hot and plentiful and there was a really good atmosphere - what not to like!!

1  Thank Adrienne S
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Visited today for Sunday lunch, so impressed! I'm a good home cook myself and never seem to find a decent roast that matches mine! Finally I have, both my husband and I had the roast beef, plenty of meat which was so tender, big lovely roasted fresh potatoes, Yorkshire, carrots, swede, peas cabbage and a separate dish of cauliflower cheese.with a pot of horseradish sauce, and even the gravy was lovely not watery like most places. We will be going back, hopefully next Sunday!

1  Thank NadineCanterbury
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic restaurant. Today is the third or fourth time I have eaten at the Parrot. Each time I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
For me The Parrot epitomises Canterbury. Low ceilings, wooden floors, oak furniture and cosy wood burning stove.
The staff are really friendly and attentive.
The food is great, freshly cooked and delicious.
We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Lynda D
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Went with a party of friends following my wifes graduation. We had an excellent meal of truly brilliant food for £30 a head including a considerable number of drinks. The pub downstairs is both quaint and cosy with own fires and ancient wooden benches.
Highly recommended.