ABode Canterbury
US$116
US$113
Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$133
Castle House Hotel(Canterbury)
US$126
US$123
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
The Falstaff in Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Pool
Canterbury Hotel(Canterbury)
US$133
US$129
Cathedral Gate Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$105
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$105
Priceline
Premier Inn Canterbury City Centre Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
2,190 results
All reviewschampagne barhigh streetenviable roomdesirable roomtuck boxcar parklovely hotelstandard roomcentral locationsat navfront of houseexcellent locationone night staycentre of towneggs benedictlovely rooma lovely stay
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Location perfect. Room 304 is spacious, comfortable and attractive and distant from the old noisy lift but on this visit the heating ventilation system was completely inoperative throughout my 3 night stay. The Hotel is obviously aware of this as a small portable electric convector heater was provided. Tip - leave it on! Cooked breakfast is a disaster with cold plates, undercooked tepid ingredients, tepid weak tea and to round it off the toast better described as warm bread. This restaurant is pretentious with its exquisite decor and well dressed staff caring more about the pristine napkins and table setting than the actual food. Is there a real chef in that kitchen at breakfast and does this restaurant actually have a quality rating? Worst of all is the parking. 14 places inaccessible from the interior of the hotel but only 12 used. The park is up an alleyway and the hotel closes the large black doors (for security reasons they say) making it necessary to call reception only to be told during most of my stay that the car park was full. The hotel provides a voucher to a council car park half a kilometre distant and charges £6 for this for 24 hours. I walked back to the hotel late at night in the pouring rain. On the day I had a space I went to the car to collect my walking boots and had to stand outside in the rain waiting for the doors to be opened. Two other guests gave up waiting and departed the wet alleyway. I suggest the hotel offer reserved parking when booking or vouchers to a much nearer car park to make things predictable or better still valet parking. Final tip - don't complain to the reception staff for they appear not to have had that essential customer care training that ensures that they listen, apologise and never argue with the customer. When I complained to a Duty Manager about waiting in the rain for the park doors to be opened he called me an angry man.
All this in a superb building in a superb location is a classic indicator to ineffective management. My bill was £666.00 for the 3 nights.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms adjacent to the old noisy single lift. The third floor rooms are spacious and comfortable when the heating system works. In the restaurant send the food back if it is cold. Don't expect to park in the hotel car park and keep a brolly in your room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I won a free stay in one of the Most Enviable rooms at the Canterbury Abode Hotel. The stay included one night and breakfast.
When I arrived, I was greeted by a happy, polite member of staff who instantly made me feel welcome. She showed myself and my partner where all the facilities were and gave us our room key.
The room was gorgeous. The bed was wider than it was long, the free standing bath, shower, and en suite were all glorious, as were the extras that could be expected in such an expensive room. A basket of goodies was laid out for us and teas and coffees of several varieties were provided. The TV channels were a bit lacking and there was the odd cobweb in the room but besides that I have absolutely no complaints. My sleep would have been extremely comfortable if it were not for the ratting windows but seeing as we had gale force winds all night, I could forgive that!
The general hotel décor was grand and lovely, and the Michael Caines Michelin Star restaurant was lovely. Staff were professional and extremely quick with food and beverages. I liked the breakfast selection, unfortunately the vegetarian cooked breakfast which I had left me wanting more. 1 sausage, 1 tomato, beans an egg and spinach really looked lovely and did taste it but were unfortunately cold and didn't fill the hole. I certainly wouldn't spend £11.50 on it unless I took advantage of the cereals too. However I filled up on toast so I didn't mind. Checkout was easy and staff again were polite.
If I had £260 spare, would I book this room? Most definitely! But there are several other rather more lovely cafes in Canterbury that I would prefer breakfast at.

Room Tip: Book a room that comes with free confectionery- the chocolate is to die for!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VioletHall
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Location to the city was great! Lovely room with comfortable TV sitting area and beautiful bathroom. We also loved the complimentary goodies. Food was really good. Beautiful, relaxing, very comfortable!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed in the Abode in Canterbury this weekend - and have only praise for it. Room 304 was amazing, beautifully decorated, clean, and warm - but not too hot, and a large and very comfortably bed with excellent pillows. The staff were all great, helpful, efficient and smiling. Food - both evening meal and breakfast - totally perfect. So good to see this hotel back to being great again. Location is perfect.

Room Tip: Avoid the ones near the lift shafts.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2013

2 nights stay right in the centre of Canterbury. Great location. Friendly, helpful staff. Good food.
Room was clean and in a good state of repair. Decor throughout the hotel was good.
We would stay again.
Note:
Parking is very limited in the hotel car park. Ended up 5 mins walk away in a public car park, but the hotel does help with directions and the provision of chargeable 24 hour tickets throughout your stay for this.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple