“Comfortable hotel in very good location”
Review of ABode Canterbury

ABode Canterbury
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Canterbury
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Comfortable hotel in very good location”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Staying one night on business this hotel had all I needed. Free wifi, comfortable room and a good breakfast, cooked to order. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.
I was on the top floor and adjacent to the lift, which had I been a light sleeper might have been an issue as you could hear the doors opening and closing on on floors. Luckily I am not!

Room Tip: you may want to ask for a room away from the lift shaft.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

There is much to like about this hotel. It's centrally located. The rooms are some of the biggest I've seen in a European hotel. At least in our level of room, they provide a complimentary "tuck box," i.e., snack box. There are some drawbacks, however. The noise-proofing of the windows is not great. That means that we got noise from the high street well into the night. But for me, the worst thing was the mattress. If you like soft mattresses, you'll be fine and this will be a great choice. But for me, I need a firmer mattress. It actually would have been fine if the soft mattress were on a platform bed, but the box spring was also soft. Much as I liked some aspects of the hotel, I probably wouldn't stay here again, I'm sorry to say.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed recently and ate in the restaurant.
The food was great,the bar is very good and the staff we encountered were helpful and well trained, they could teach some of the miserable shop people we were served by in the nearby shops a thing or two about customer service. All in all pretty good.

Room Tip: Check the AC unit ours was very loud
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked this hotel over 18 months ago for my daughters wedding reception as we were aware that they have a good reputation for weddings and receptions. We only booked the reception at this hotel as my daughter wanted a traditional church wedding . From the start we had plenty of contact from the hotel and after various visits to the hotel and an invite to a menu tasting session we knew our choice for this big occasion was right . As time passed and the date got nearer I had to have an urgent hip replacement 3 weeks before the wedding and I was concerned what could be done to accommodate my problems with getting around the hotel. We contacted the hotel and had a meeting with Steve Spice the events controller and straight away Steve put us at ease and assured me that nothing was too much trouble and the day would be handled accordingly to my requirements. The reception was excellent and Steve certainly kept his word and made the day special for us all and his staff went that extra mile. Steve invited us back at a later date for a coffee and a discussion about the day if we were around that area which we will certainly do. Again Steve and the team done an excellent job and I would highly recommend this hotel to any one else for a family engagement or function.

Room Tip: There are deals online to save money when booking rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PETER T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for only one night but it was a lovely hotel the bed was comfy and facilities great . Breakfast was good with a varied selection. Would have liked to stay longer and explore more but will return soon . Bathroom was spotless and shampoos etc were generous and of a high quality . Pillows are huge but comfy . Only slight complaint was walls are a bit thin as I could hear TV next door but to be fair it didn't really disturb me

Stayed July 2014
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Champagne Bar has a limited small snack and pastry menu but the quality is fine and the service is quick.The prices are reasonable and the ambience is quaint but well and tastefully lit and designed.Surrounded by business personnel,friends,tourists and locals you are well served.The drinks menu cocktail style or beverage style has excellent choices.The staff are charming and always make you feel a teas.The formal restaurant is well placed but prices are high. It the experience is stylish and the starched service totes speak of excellent quality.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
pratts bottom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Wow ,what a place ,great room ,free up grade , frebbies in room , lovely big bath ,soft towels , Excellant staff , wonderful champagne and the resturant was real special , great waiter service ,outstanding food , all in all very very nice

• Stayed July 2014