Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jevgenij R
Haringey, United Kingdom

Jevgenij

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jul 2021
The location is excellent in the very center, there is everything you need nearby. Very close to all the city's attractions. Everything is within walking distance.
There are no complaints about the service personnel at all. They do their job professionally and efficiently.
We got a good room, very clean. The score is definitely above average!
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this review
Responded 13 Jul 2021
Dear Jevgenij R

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I shall take great pleasure in sharing your delightful comments with my entire team who worl so tirelessly to provide a great stay experience for our guests. Thank you for recognising their efforts in your review.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to the ABode Canterbury very soon.

With very best wishes
  • Algotels
0.4 miles from Abode Canterbury
View more hotels in Canterbury
3,318 results
All reviews champagne bar high street enviable room desirable room car park lovely hotel central location excellent location centre of town one night stay enjoyable stay afternoon tea a lovely stay cooked breakfast old building full english parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2021

Beds were comfy and staff were nice but everything else was awful very little complimentary stuff even have to pay for water which isn’t chilled and in a carton, Sainsbury’s is next door. Someone came into our room at 8am that wasn’t us so lock your door if you stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2021

Dear ascott643300

Thank you for your review. I apologise if you felt we lacked on complimentary items. We provide tea, coffee and biscuits which are on a try in your wardrobe. The tuck box items are all chargeable and there if you need the service. As a relatively new General Manager to the ABode, I am discussing the water offering with my direct reports to see if a change can be made to current company policy. I am unsure of your comment relating to someone entering your room at 8am. This may have been a member of our housekeeping team, believing that you had departed but we would always announce ourselves before entering any room.
I do hope that you consider using us again when next in Canterbury.

Reviewed 6 July 2021

Only had one towel to share between the two of us and no hot water for a shower. Long wait for breakfast, received an apology for the wait and told we’d been forgotten ! Room clean but very basic, for the price would have at least expected a hot shower.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2021

Dear lisachuter

Thank you for your review. We unfortunately suffered a blown boiler during your stay, which was reported to our service contractor who was unable to repair the problem. I believe that our duty manager addressed all issues which were raised with him upon departure. Regarding breakfast, I apologise that you had a long wait. Until covid restrictions are lifted, we are restricted with our seating capacities and do tell our guests on check in that delays may be expected as a result. Hopefully these restrictions will be lifted very soon and we can return to our normal levels of operation.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Regards

Reviewed 5 July 2021 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location in the centre of Canterbury but it wasn’t good.
The room was filthy - surfaces were really dusty and under the bed was really dirty.
There was a good selection of drinks and snacks on the desk - luckily we asked at reception before we ate the chocolate as this is all chargeable. There were no prices and none of these items were on the menu. The tea, coffee and biscuits were hidden in the wardrobe and there were no prices for these either.
Breakfast wasn’t great - items that were ordered didn’t arrive and the staff just shrugged and said they must have been missed!
For the price we paid, it was shocking and I wouldn’t recommend it. A £29 Premier Inn room would have been better and cleaner.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2021

Dear Prinxessrach

Thank you for sharing your review. A very disappointing read. I am sorry that you found the room less than stellar. I know that the head housekeeper and his team will be mortified to read your comments. A tariff should have been included with the tuck box and I apologise that it was missing but we offer complimentary tea and coffee for all our guests, which is left on the service tray in the wardrobe.
Regarding breakfast. Again I apologise that any orders that were overlooked was a genuine error and the team would have been more than willing, to bring any of these items to you should you have asked.
I hope that you will allow the team an opportunity to be of service in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

I’ve just come back from a weekend in Canterbury staying at the Abode. It was a weekend away finally for my wife and I after waiting for a year or so, so we could have been camping out in a cardboard box and still been happy!

So first the pros. Staff were lovely and friendly and attentive and there was plenty of them. In terms of location, you can’t beat it if you’re looking for the centre of Canterbury. Literally bang in the middle which was what we were looking for.

Now the cons. Parking is first come first served (which we managed to get) but if you drive off after having taken your space it becomes free again, so you’re effectively stuck (which ruined our ideas of going for a drive for an afternoon). The safe didn’t work and the suggestion was “just hide your valuables”! The bed was stupidly soft and springy (felt old) and the pillows were so soft that your head disappeared through them making them useless. I asked for a harder one and they gave me an additional soft one. The shower was always only slightly warm, verging on cold and the bathroom was dated and very cramped. Given this was supposedly one of the better rooms (we’d paid a premium) I would expect better.

All in all it didn’t ruin the weekend but definitely not what I’d expect for the money we paid.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2021

Dear rimbo1968

Thank you for your review. I am dleighted that you have praised the team and I shall take great pleasure in sharing your comments with them. The situation with the car park is like all other city centre pay and stay sites. You cannot keep returning to it and expect to find a space still there. I am sorry that you thought that you could. The situation with the safe in your room was unfortunate but I am very positive that you would have been offered the use of our own safe for the duration of your stay. Bedding and pillows are a very personal statement and our Hypnos beds are very widely and happily received. Again I am sorry if our bedding was not to your personal liking.

I hope that we are able to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

I would of given it 4 stars but a few things really let them down which was a shame.

Good things: food was on point and was excellent. Dinner was amazing and breakfast no complaints at all. Even my coffee was exactly the way I like it. The staff couldn’t do enough for you and the problem I had with the cleaning of the room they were very apologetic and gave us complimentary drinks.

Bad things: When we arrived to our room there was a big lump of hair on the bathroom door (hence the drinks) not good but one of these things. Next day got up for a shower and the thermostat is not working. Tried to ring reception a couple times and phone not working so these things kind of put a downer on anniversary weekend. Car park tiny so didn’t get a space

Would I stay again? Maybe but I’ll be checking future reviews to make sure things have improved.

Date of stay: June 2021

Dear nahan2015

Thank you fo ryour review of your recent stay with us. We were unfortunately short of time with our room cleaning on the day of your arrival and I apologise firstly for the wait and secondly for the issue with the hair behind the bathroom door. This should not have happened and my team should have taken a smidge longer to prepare your room rather than rush.

I certainly do look forward to welcoming you back again.