Lowest prices for your stay
£114
kdavies72021
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Wedding for my Daughter and Chef's Tasting Table
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Jul 2021
My daughter chose this hotel for her very reduced wedding dinner after getting married in the Canterbury Registry office.
Upon arrival, with lots of luggage (you can imagine) the reception staff were extremely responsive and we were helped up to my daughter's room.
The ROOM!!!!! Well my daughter had chosen to stay in one of the suites, and I think she was given the best suite in the hotel!! I had a desirable room and it was roomy, comfortable and was just lovely to stay in for two nights.
We stayed the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding. The Sunday evening we got a deal to have a 3 course dinner and breakfast included in the price - I would very much recommend this as an option if it is available. The food is out of this world.....
I am sure that my daughter will post her own review but her suite of rooms were to die for - bigger than some people's houses and with a roof terrace overlooking the spires of Canterbury Cathedral.
The staff were all responsive to our every need and wishes were fulfilled.
The Chef's table - this was such a great experience and TOM our waiter just made it so very special for us. He was very informative about the pairing wines and had chosen really well for those who had the pairing wines. The food again did not disappoint - it was just fantastic. I don't usually like fish but I am now a convert.
Thank you to the Abode in Canterbury for making our stay so very special, especially on my daughter's very special day - you made it even more special for both her and her husband.
Tripadvisor
    £235
0.2 miles from Abode Canterbury
View more hotels in Canterbury
3,300 results
All reviews champagne bar high street enviable room desirable room car park lovely hotel central location excellent location centre of town one night stay enjoyable stay afternoon tea a lovely stay cooked breakfast old building full english parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2021

We were offered a choice of rooms but reception said 101 was his favourite
It didn’t disappoint! Lovely room at front of hotel. Great location. Great breakfast great champagne bar. All in all a lovely stay!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

Dear albiongary

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. It is greatly appreciated and my entire team will be delighted with it once I have shared it.
We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the very near future.
With very best wishes

Reviewed 28 July 2021

The location and area was great and the entry hall and restaurant really felt luxurious but the moment I walked in the room I was extremely disappointed. Very basic and dated and certainly NOT worth the hundreds of pounds it cost to stay there per night. To then have to pay additional 20 per day for parking that is a 5 min walk away is a bit much on top of what is already an expensive hotel. Not worth the money in my opinion.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

Dear proger950318

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you found our bedroom product underwhelming. As a relatively new General Manager to the ABode property, I have been visiting each and every bedroom to understand how best we can meet the expectations of our guests and have some ideas how we can achieve this.
I am sorry that you thought having to use a city centre car park was an inconvenience but I hope that you allow us the opportunity to be of service again and be in a position to make amends. I am sure that like many, many reviewers prior to you, our team can exceed your expectations.

With kind regards

Reviewed 26 July 2021

Great position. Great staff. Spotlessly clean. Excellent bar and restaurant. Superb potential.Let down by room decor and bathroom layout. Youthful and enthusiastic staff. The 'desirable' room was not desirable. It was just depressing to enter - good bed but that is all. Bath/shower arrangement in our room was to my mind dangerous. Solid glass screen meant that you had to stand in the slippery area at the end of the bath both to get under the shower and get out of bath. Still have bruise to prove the point. To show my age - very commercial traveller chic.

1  Thank John P
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear John P

Thank you for sharing your review. I shall certainly look into your observations regarding your bedroom. I am sorry that the room layout slightly marred the enjoyment of your stay. I will though, take great pleasure in sharing your superb feedback of the team. That was very kind of you and will mean a great deal to the team.

I hope to see you back again.
With kind regards

Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

Thos is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms are amazing and the staff are all very friendly and can not do enough for you. Andre, Radu, Josh, Rachael, Johnathan, Laura, Tom, Sonia, Ryan and all the other staff are so amazing they make the whole experience at The Abode worth while. Simon the manager is very friendly and accommodating. The food is out of this world. The beds are very comfortable, always get a great night sleep.
Can not recommend this hotel enough.

Room tip: Nothing bad at all to say about this hotel
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Dear Scenic05822686085

Thank you for sharing such a fabulous review and for even including me in it! You get extra brownie points for that one. I sincerely appreciate the fact that you have taken the trouble to point out so many of the team, who are doing an amazing job in these very difficult times. It will mean a great deal to them. Thank you Scenic05822686085.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
With very best wishes

Reviewed 24 July 2021

We used to live opposite the hotel, so knew it when called The County Hotel, many moons ago. Our stay at Abode was superb from beginning to end. The location could not be any better, in the middle of the shops , pubs and restaurants, pretty quiet just now without as many tourists..We were thankful for the air con in our room and the mattress was really good. The staff , without exception, all made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived. Our deal,including breakfast and evening meal, was definitely worth doing . Beautiful Villeroy and Boch crockery for meals, waiter service and yet not too formal, they have the balance just right. The evening meal was WONDERFUL every course beautifully presented like a masterpiece. One of the best meals I have had for years. The amuse-bouches all added to make the meal total perfection The building is hundreds of years old and so it's an experience to dine there and feel part of the history of this wonderful city. We shall definitely return. Definitely recommend.

Dear kimnphill

Thank you for sharing such a tremenous review of your recent stay. It is such a pleasure to know that we have still managed to exceed your expectations despite it being some years since your last visit. I am particularly pleased that the team have all stood out in making your return such a memorable experience.
We all certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

With grateful thanks and very best wishes