Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Happiness56151761273

Birchington belle15

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Jul 2021
Good stay but did find that evening menu was the same as last visit over 4 weeks prior rooms were all placed on same floor as friends which was a nice touch However, checking in was slow as only one member of staff on duty at that time of day Breakfast was fab....
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this review
Responded 3 Aug 2021
Dear Happiness56151761273

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had a memorable stay and very much look fowrard to welcoming you and your friends back for a well deserved break at some point in the not too distant future.

£85
0.7 miles from Abode Canterbury
    £210
View more hotels in Canterbury
3,324 results
All reviews champagne bar high street enviable room desirable room car park lovely hotel central location excellent location centre of town one night stay enjoyable stay afternoon tea a lovely stay cooked breakfast old building full english parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2021

Just a basic room with dated furniture. TV only had a couple very basic BBC channels. The bath was blocked and had some old ugly none slip mat in it.
Really doesn't worth what they charge. (Premier Inn has nicer rooms).

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

Dear 957yuliau

Thank you for sharing your thoughts following your recent stay with us. I apologise that you did not find our product as appealing as many other guests who have left many great reviews but I hope that you will allow us to be of service to you again, in the very near future where we might have the opportunity to make amends to you and improve your personal thoughts on our hotel.

Reviewed 30 July 2021

My daughter chose this hotel for her very reduced wedding dinner after getting married in the Canterbury Registry office.
Upon arrival, with lots of luggage (you can imagine) the reception staff were extremely responsive and we were helped up to my daughter's room.
The ROOM!!!!! Well my daughter had chosen to stay in one of the suites, and I think she was given the best suite in the hotel!! I had a desirable room and it was roomy, comfortable and was just lovely to stay in for two nights.
We stayed the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding. The Sunday evening we got a deal to have a 3 course dinner and breakfast included in the price - I would very much recommend this as an option if it is available. The food is out of this world.....
I am sure that my daughter will post her own review but her suite of rooms were to die for - bigger than some people's houses and with a roof terrace overlooking the spires of Canterbury Cathedral.
The staff were all responsive to our every need and wishes were fulfilled.
The Chef's table - this was such a great experience and TOM our waiter just made it so very special for us. He was very informative about the pairing wines and had chosen really well for those who had the pairing wines. The food again did not disappoint - it was just fantastic. I don't usually like fish but I am now a convert.
Thank you to the Abode in Canterbury for making our stay so very special, especially on my daughter's very special day - you made it even more special for both her and her husband.

Dear kdavies72021

What a wonderful review to read. Thank you. I have already shared your incredible observations with my entire team and thank you on their behalf. It really is our pleasure to provide the kind of service that you have all enjoyed and we are grateful that our efforts have generated such a response from you.
Thank you again kdavies72021.

We hope to see you again very soon.
With very best wishes and kind regards

Reviewed 29 July 2021

We were offered a choice of rooms but reception said 101 was his favourite
It didn’t disappoint! Lovely room at front of hotel. Great location. Great breakfast great champagne bar. All in all a lovely stay!

Dear albiongary

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. It is greatly appreciated and my entire team will be delighted with it once I have shared it.
We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2021

The location and area was great and the entry hall and restaurant really felt luxurious but the moment I walked in the room I was extremely disappointed. Very basic and dated and certainly NOT worth the hundreds of pounds it cost to stay there per night. To then have to pay additional 20 per day for parking that is a 5 min walk away is a bit much on top of what is already an expensive hotel. Not worth the money in my opinion.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

Dear proger950318

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you found our bedroom product underwhelming. As a relatively new General Manager to the ABode property, I have been visiting each and every bedroom to understand how best we can meet the expectations of our guests and have some ideas how we can achieve this.
I am sorry that you thought having to use a city centre car park was an inconvenience but I hope that you allow us the opportunity to be of service again and be in a position to make amends. I am sure that like many, many reviewers prior to you, our team can exceed your expectations.

With kind regards

Reviewed 26 July 2021

Great position. Great staff. Spotlessly clean. Excellent bar and restaurant. Superb potential.Let down by room decor and bathroom layout. Youthful and enthusiastic staff. The 'desirable' room was not desirable. It was just depressing to enter - good bed but that is all. Bath/shower arrangement in our room was to my mind dangerous. Solid glass screen meant that you had to stand in the slippery area at the end of the bath both to get under the shower and get out of bath. Still have bruise to prove the point. To show my age - very commercial traveller chic.

1  Thank John P
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear John P

Thank you for sharing your review. I shall certainly look into your observations regarding your bedroom. I am sorry that the room layout slightly marred the enjoyment of your stay. I will though, take great pleasure in sharing your superb feedback of the team. That was very kind of you and will mean a great deal to the team.

I hope to see you back again.
With kind regards