Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Stuart
Birmingham, United Kingdom

So, So

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Location is great in the city centre, but this comes at a cost, and that's parking. you need to park out of the pedestrianised area and walk in, but this wasn't mentioned when booking. rooms are ok, and quiet. service was fine, and breakfast was pretty good for a set of limited options.
Trip type: Travelled on business
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this review
Responded 2 weeks ago
Dear StuartD825

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you found parking in the city an issue. We try where possible to inform our guests that our own hotel parking is very limited with 13 spaces and comes on a 'first come, first served' basis. It appears that whilst on site though you have had a better time and I hope that we have the opportunity to look after you again.

With kind regards
  • Booking.com
7.4 miles from Abode Canterbury
View more hotels in Canterbury
3,326 results
All reviews champagne bar high street enviable room desirable room car park lovely hotel central location excellent location centre of town one night stay enjoyable stay afternoon tea a lovely stay cooked breakfast old building full english parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Back to this lovely well situated hotel. In the heart of Canterbury, there were a few minor issues but they were soon resolved.
The staff are always helpful and so polite.
The staff add to this hotel greatly.
The super comfortable beds are probably one of the best we have slept in. The evening meals are now a tapas style, definitely well worth a visit.
Nice to have some vegetables amongst the tapas too.
Always polite and helpful are the staff and make a great effort. Anthony the waiter on Monday deserves a positive mention too. Very helpful & nothing was too much trouble when I needed to take my husbands breakfast up to him because of his unpredictable mobility issues.

A big Thank you once again.

L. Sainsbury.

Room tip: There is parking at the hotel but is small. Car parks are nearby.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sainsbury69

What an absolute delight to have read your wonderful review of your recent stay at the ABode Canterbury. I was delighted to see that you had a memorable time but so pleased to have read that the team have been central to that enjoyment. I shall take great pleasure in passing your comments onto my team, and especially Anthony, one of our real stars, who will be thrilled to have been selected for singular praise. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do this. It means a great deal to all of our team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Canterbury in the very near future.
With very best wishes and kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my third stay here. It is a lovely hotel in a great location but unfortunately, due to noise from an outside bar at the back I had a shocking nights sleep. However, after completing a satisfaction survey after my stay and highlighting this the manager contacted me and they have gone above and beyond. Not only have they been in contact with the bar owners, are looking at improving their sound proof glazing they have offered me a complimentary upgrade on my next visit which I have already arranged. It’s rare to receive such great customer service and that’s the sign of a great establishment and one who really values their customers feedback. I’ll certainly be continuing to stay there for my weekend breaks to Canterbury. Thank you Abode Canterbury.

Room tip: This hotel couldn’t be better situated for your trip to Canterbury, serves the best cocktails and food and has great rooms and amenities -
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear 688samh

I am so grateful for your postive review and continued usage of the ABode Canterbury. I am delighted that my team attended to you with their usual high levels of care and attention. It is their continued commitment to providing great customer service that makes a visit to the ABode such a stand out event.

I am thrilled that you have allowed them to resolve your issues and trusted them to ensure that you keep returning.
Looking forward to being of service to you again in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 May 2024

What a lovely place and location. In the heart of Canterbury with a very short walk to all of the attractions and shopping/restaurants/pubs. Extremely happy with the Abode.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear gklalfus

Delighted to read the feedback of your recent stay with us. Our team is delighted to have been of service and we hope that we are able to be your hotel of choice the next time that you visit Canterbury.
Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to share your observations.

With very best wishes

Reviewed 17 May 2024

From the moment we arrived in Canterbury until we left 3 nights later we were well looked after. The breakfast was amazing, the small plate taster menu in the brasserie was excellent and all the staff were friendly and approachable.

1  Thank lward968205

Dear Iward968205

Thank you for sharing the review of your recent stay at the ABode. I am thrilled to read that our team excelled consistently over the 3 days of your visit. It means a great deal to them when guests recognise the superb work that they do. It really makes a tremendous difference. Thank you.

Hopefully, they can welcome you back in the near future for more of the same.

Very best wishes

Reviewed 14 May 2024

The hotel staff were all good. The only thing that let it down was the quality of the breakfast which was very poor.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Simon Barker, General Manager at Abode Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2024

Dear dedmea465441

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you thought that the quality of the breakfast was poor. I shall discuss your comments with both the kitchen and front of house teams to see what changes we need to make to get back to our usual high levels of quality.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Kind regards