“DO NOT GO”
Review of Panteli's

Panteli's
Ranked #122 of 385 Restaurants in Canterbury
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had just been around the cathedral had fancied a light lunch. The service was awful- to even use the word service pays them a compliment. When we tried to ask a question we were obviously ignored.All food had to be ordered and collected from the counter. My husband has his uncle order for us as a party 5. His uncle ordered a jacket potato with tuna. When he collected his food it was a jacket with cheese. Their response was 'oh well' and no offer to correct the order was made. My husbands grandad ordered a roast chicken but they had no roast potatoes!! In the ladies toilet there is a whole in the floor with only cautions signs around it. A complete joke of a restaurant- there are lots of restaurants in Canterbury- go ANYWHERE else.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Good food. We ordered fish and chips. The atmosphere isn't amazing but still a good meal. try the Ale's. Spitfire was good...

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We ate lunch and Panteli's with friends and while the service was good and the staff very nice the food was terrible. Perhaps it was an off day. We only ate there once but I doubt we will return. We ordered fish and chips, the former being soggy and the latter being barely warm. I believe this restaurant is a stop for organized day tours and that could have been part of the problem that day. We may give it a go again in the future but not a place I would currently recommend.

Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

No fuss, no pretending to be something else. This is just a very good cafe. Good value, friendly service.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

My husband and I had a great Full English Breakfast at this cosy cafe / cafeteria - more than I could eat but my hubby scarfed what I could not fit in. Egg Bacon Sausage 3 halves of grilled tomatoes, a huge scoop of mushrooms, big scoop of baked beans and rounds upon rounds of buttered toast with a mug of lovely tea - really sets you up for the day. The cafe is basic,you collect your meal at the counter- its not pretentious or posh but you get a lovely friendly welcome from the family members who run it and good hearty fare. Family run cafes like this are a dying breed and our towns and cities are over run by 'identikit' chain cafes and so called restaurants - if you want a cafe with nice food, excellent prices & a genuine welcome, a little tired decor but a big smile and a great cuppa - you need to go here, we left with smiles on our faces and a cheery 'goodbye' from the staff - well worth another visit (soon I hope!!)