“Wonderful”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Tricky to find if you don't know how to get there but at least that means it doesn't get too packed! We went on a sunny day which always helps but this is a lovely garden with beautiful flowers. It is very peaceful and in a lovely setting with the river and the chapel. Try it, you will like it, there is a nice coffee shop near the bridge as well.

Vancouver, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A little hard to find but worth the journey
Lovely garden area on a little canal
Prison room very interesting

Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
882 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 588 helpful votes
“I "FOUND" IT!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Traveling SOLO has its advantage - I was able to go/ visit other attractions most Group Tours do not generally go. While walking towards the Canterbury Heritage Museum, I saw the sign in a small alley about this Garden. Not seeing anyone walking in its direction and not knowing how far it is from the main road, I decided to visit the Canterbury Heritage Museum first. After my museum visit, I asked my questions to the Museum Staff who highly recommended that I should proceed and see it.

The short walk from the Museum to the Greyfriars' House and Garden took about 3-5 minutes. As I crossed the short bridge, I saw the ducks swimming in the river, noted the beautiful flowers in the Garden, and then the old Chapel. There is an altar on second floor for those wanting to say their prayers.

I'm glad that I "found" the Greyfriars Chapel and Garden. It's so quiet and peaceful there, felt like I was in a farm, away from the "busyness" and noise of the tourists/crowd.

1 Thank LolaGo1
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Lovely tranquil place”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This little garden is very tucked away, it is a lovely tranquil space in the busy city. The chapel was sadly closed while I was there. There are no information boards to expand your visit, just lots of lovely space, roses and calm

Bury, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Very peaceful space”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very peaceful space amid the noise and bustle of Canterbury. The Chapel is only open from 2 - 4 but the gardens are open daily. Access to the island site is not obvious off Stour Street..