“busy one 1”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 19 March 2013

monday 18th march 2013 11 .am very busy pop in 4 a couple of pints £2.49 on all bitters *** no seats left at 12 noon plus ones outside staff could b on the ball a bit more when it comes 2 service should KNOW who is next if good barstaff ??

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Some friends and I went to the Thomas Ingoldsby for lunch on a Tuesday afternoon, it was steak and a beer day. We all had the mixed grill and it was very good and plenty of it. It was served very promptly even though it was very busy. The food was served on a hot plate which kept the food hot.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Microwave warmed veg....the distinct yet subtle stench of vomit from the night before....the atmospher of a vaccuum. Yes...I'm not a Wetherspoons fan!

Alas, sometimes due to the lack of funds I happen to find myself in the most soul-less place in Canterbury. I know I make it sound awful but when you sit back and look at it, that's exactly what it is. Still...some people love nothing more than to spend hours on end in this place, but I'd rather be force fed cold beans from a rusty tin and watch Jeremy Kyle in a flat full of heroin addicts.

But that's just me. Who knows...you might find the place charming and good value!

4  Thank MarkFromTheZoo
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Went here today at about 2.30 and had a meal with my daughter great value, 2 meals for very reasonable price, the service was very quick, the food well cooked and plentiful, the staff very friendly and attentive without being over bearing, would recommend this to any one looking for a reasonably priced, decent meal in a congenial atmosphere

Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

We chose this pub to get a quick Sunday lunch

I chose a half roast chicken witch came with a pint (beer) the chicken was very dry and the small gravy dish was not large enough to make this palatable extra gravy was provided upon request the vegetables were also over cooked. This was provided at a very low cost, but I guess you get what you pay for.

I chose pancakes & ice cream with maple syrup to finish off this was also disappointing due to the pancakes being cold & the ice cream having half melted.

Sorry but I wouldn't rush back even given the exceptional value.

1  Thank Rodders27