“No luck this time” 3 of 5 bubbles

Chambers of Canterbury
Ranked #166 of 361 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: American, Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“No luck this time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We visited Chambers a year ago and liked the friendly ambience, good service and nice meal. So we decided to go back this year. It's still a friendly place to go to with kids, but the food isn't as good anymore. A shame, especially because the service isn't that good either. Yes it was busy (they'd forgotten all about us, so we had to wait quite some time), but friendly staff isn't enough. There's a nice cathedral view on the first floor 'though.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mike E

Saint Anthony, Idaho
“A historical adventure with tasty food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I quite found Chamber's by accident. My daughter and her flatmate's were shopping. I was cold and weary and longing for a cup of tea. The service was superb, the tea hot and fragrant and the pastry magnificent.I enjoyed learning about the history of the building as well. I will definitely visit Chamber's again.
Desiree from Idaho USA

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Waited ages to be acknowledged and order taken and long wait for our drinks to arrive·.they forgot my tea and I had to ask for it. There was no apology and both waitresses looked like they couldn't really be bothered. Well we won't bother again either as for me good service is vital.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely view of the cathedral”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely view upstairs of tge cathedral. Use your residents card for 10% off! Good food. Yummy fresh smoothies, milkshakes and pancakes. Good service too when its not too busy x

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We tried this cafe for the first time today. We ordered a clam chowder and a pulled pork sandwich.
The soup was tinned not fresh and was served with a soft bap which had been microwaved. It was floppy and flaccid.
The pulled pork was served on the same horrible bread.
We decided to go elsewhere for coffee!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
KentStorm5, Owner at Chambers of Canterbury, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience at our cafe. we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and have done for the nine years we have been here, we also appreciate all feed back. we recently changed our menu and bread supplier, we are not happy and products will be changed. regarding Clam chowder, we order this product direct from the USA so as we provide an authentic New England chowder, I am sorry you were not happy with it.
I would very much like you to return to our cafe and I will forward you a voucher for a complimentary lunch and hope your experience will be better.
Regards Denise Chambers