“Very Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Trappiste Restaurant

La Trappiste Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Trappiste Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 361 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good food, really good atmosphere and nice decor. Great place to meet friends,
Would recomend this as a good place to visit

• Visited March 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious! Lovely atmosphere, great staff and child friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We came across this restaurant whilst hungrily strolling on a weekend break with our one year old son. We were drawn in by the baked camembert and were not dissapointed! The beer selection was baffling so we took a great recommendation. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would definitely recommend.

“Birthday breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Went here for breakfast on my birthday. Half price before late morning, so better value than usual. Food was very nice, but do think they could be a bit more generous with the bread as not enough for dipping in a fried egg and a bacon sandwich. Service was helpful at all times. Even the loos were well furnished.

• Visited March 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My son and I visited for lunch on a Monday with approximately 1 hour before our parking ticket ran out. My son had two courses from a set lunch menu and I had a salad. Even after explaining, twice, that we were running out of time, in the end my son had to run back to the car park while I paid the bill. The waiter and waitress were pleasant and polite but appeared to be unable to hurry things along. The food, when it did arrive, varied from soup that was good, to a kebab that was extremely dry and a salad that was best described as "tired". At a cost of nearly £26, I would say it was not good value for money.

Visited March 2014
Horley, United Kingdom
“Decent food, great beer, awesome waiter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Yes John, I'm talking about you. We came without a reservation, found ourselves sitting at a window table (great), and being mildly insulted all with a few minutes. The atmosphere in the restaurant was buzzy, and encouraged by the waiter, who did a great job of finding out more about individual clients. In our case he scoffed at my usual drinking habits, and recommended a beer which was so good I had to have a second. My wife being teetotal did not phase him, because he brought her a raspberry beer sample which even she found palatable. Our steaks were cooked as we asked, but my cheesecake dessert was a bit of a disappointment, with a biscuit base on the thick side. I'd go back to this restaurant, though, just to listen to a certain waiter's patter.

1 Thank Horleylad