“There's a lot to like about this place but”
Review of La Trappiste Restaurant - CLOSED

La Trappiste Restaurant
Cuisines: Belgian, Mediterranean, Seafood, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We ate here one lunchtime having visited the Catherdral. Good decor, clean. good lunch menu and a big range of Belgium beers (we are not experts in Belgium beer but it is always good to see a place doing something different). Our orders were fine - well presented and tasty and exactly what we were looking for from lunch. During our meal a waiter brought over a couple of portion fo chips that were not for us as we pointed out and he want off to another table. That's not a big issue, people make mistakes. What made it made it funny/ strange/ a bit odd wa sthat two minute later he thne brought us a bowl of ketchup to go with 'our chips'. I guess his mind was elsewhere. We managed to find the party with chips but missing their ketchup.

I would eat here again because the food was fine and the cock up was amusing.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good food, really good atmosphere and nice decor. Great place to meet friends,
Would recomend this as a good place to visit

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We came across this restaurant whilst hungrily strolling on a weekend break with our one year old son. We were drawn in by the baked camembert and were not dissapointed! The beer selection was baffling so we took a great recommendation. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Went here for breakfast on my birthday. Half price before late morning, so better value than usual. Food was very nice, but do think they could be a bit more generous with the bread as not enough for dipping in a fried egg and a bacon sandwich. Service was helpful at all times. Even the loos were well furnished.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My son and I visited for lunch on a Monday with approximately 1 hour before our parking ticket ran out. My son had two courses from a set lunch menu and I had a salad. Even after explaining, twice, that we were running out of time, in the end my son had to run back to the car park while I paid the bill. The waiter and waitress were pleasant and polite but appeared to be unable to hurry things along. The food, when it did arrive, varied from soup that was good, to a kebab that was extremely dry and a salad that was best described as "tired". At a cost of nearly £26, I would say it was not good value for money.