“Awful service - such a disappointment and a shame!”
Review of CJ's

CJ's
Ranked #173 of 372 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Awful service - such a disappointment and a shame!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I just got back from CJ's today. I was looking forward to getting my usual as I used to come here a couple times a month. My previous visit was reallu bad (some blonde guy served me and tried to charge me almost £2 more than what I always paid!).I was hoping that my last visit was a one off, so decided to come today. After waiting for this guy's order of 6 sandwiches plus 6 hot chocolates, and his very picky orders had been fulfilled, the elderly woman behind the counter was finally ready to serve me. I asked if there was anymore chicken and chorizo (since I noticed that the guy with the long order took the rest of it) and all she said was "no." There was no apology, no making anymore, she didn't check or anything. I've come to the conclusion that this place has started changing for the worst. Such a shame- it was starting to become my favourite lunch place.

• Visited March 2014

Rochester, United Kingdom
“Nice, but nothing special”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Gets quickly busy. Food ok. Took a while to get our drinks. Took 2 goulash soups (maybe the English way of a goulash, but definitely not the original one...), hot chocolates and a dessert. Cost around £15, which is ok but a bit expensive. Cool atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
Perth, United Kingdom
“Crackling and good”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

just by chance spotted the portico and dragged partner past busy chippie next door. one of the better moves in life, as an early breakfast and parking drama had heightened appetite by mid-day.
roast pork, apple sauce baguette with cracklin'. just what the archbishop ordered. m'lady had a big chunk of millionaires shortbread - i forget exactly how much for this and 2 cups of almost seriously good coffee. around £7? and in the south of england!
smiling staff and interesting street outlook. gang faur & wearr waur, as one says.

• Visited January 2014
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New chances”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have been going to CJs for several years and it has been wonderful. However, lots of changes have happened (perhaps new management?). The layout looks awful and there is limited choices available. I had a baguette and could not have my usual chicken mayo because it now came with sweetcorn which I can't stand. There was an abrupt lady in a suit serving me (a suit?!) she didn't seem to want to pay much attention to me. The baguette itself had hardly any filling and the chicken was dry and chewy. The baguette was cold. I will not be going back, which is a shame as it used to be nice!

• Visited November 2013
“If only he'd listened”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Deciding against a High Street chain we wandered into CJ's
Deciding on paninis I went up to order. There was a small queue, and as it's all made to order, I queued patiently.
Sadly the guy who served me was too busy chatting to a mate to listen & my two paninis - no onion - turned in to two baguettes with tonnes of onion.
We left without eating & had very nice panini elsewhere.
I am told I don't complain enough when my requests are not fulfilled - on this occasion the worm turned.
I'm sure CJ's is too popular to care, but I will tell everyone I know how cross I was.