“Nice grub, but expensive.”
Review of CJ's Baguette Bar

CJ's Baguette Bar
Ranked #176 of 382 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I feel compelled to write this because, whilst having the option of artisan sandwiches is great, paying £20 for three (with crisps and cans of drink) is not fantastic.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I went to CJ's to grab a baguette and was shocked that it cost me £10.00 for two cans of lilt and two sweet chilli chicken baguettes. I got back to work to tuck in to find there was no butter on the baguette (I wasn't even asked I wanted any) and that the bread was stale. Not impressed. Certainly will not be going back to this place, there are far better and cheaper places to get a great baguette and for a better price!!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ate in at CJ's for the first time yesterday. It looked appealing from the outside- very casual and with decor that has a sense of originality. There was a choice of baguettes, sandwiches and hot potatoes and you could pick a filling and accompany it with a broad selection of salad and relish. I ordered a prawn cocktail baguette with various salad items and it was truly delicious. The baguette tasted home baked, the salad was crisp and the prawns tasted fresh. Although this place is a little more expensive than other sandwich shops you have to remember that it's not Subway, you are getting fresh homemade quality food. I upgraded my baguette to a meal deal which in total cost £5.50 and included a drink and a snack. The staff were friendly, polite and helpful in offering suggestions for my baguette filling and even offering items which were not on display. I also noted that the staff were very hygienic with frequent use of sanitiser between handling different foods.
I would definitely eat here again and would recommend it to all my friends, this place is a little gem.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The sandwiches were tasty but they were just so expensive. For a baguette, drink and crisps to eat in, it was very nearly the price of a lunch meal in a restaurant.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I just got back from CJ's today. I was looking forward to getting my usual as I used to come here a couple times a month. My previous visit was reallu bad (some blonde guy served me and tried to charge me almost £2 more than what I always paid!).I was hoping that my last visit was a one off, so decided to come today. After waiting for this guy's order of 6 sandwiches plus 6 hot chocolates, and his very picky orders had been fulfilled, the elderly woman behind the counter was finally ready to serve me. I asked if there was anymore chicken and chorizo (since I noticed that the guy with the long order took the rest of it) and all she said was "no." There was no apology, no making anymore, she didn't check or anything. I've come to the conclusion that this place has started changing for the worst. Such a shame- it was starting to become my favourite lunch place.